Regional Portfolio Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
Regional Portfolio Manager
£30,763 to £32,850 p.a + good range of benefits
(London based three days a week and 2 in Milton Keynes can be considered)
A strategic role to help change children’s lives for the better
World Vision is the world’s largest international children’s charity. Every day we bring real hope to millions of children in the world’s hardest places as a sign of God’s unconditional love. At World Vision, our aim is simple - to keep every child free from fear. We are also proud to be voted one of the Top 100 'Best Not-For-Profit Organisations to Work For’ ranked in 9th place for 2016.
This is an exciting role for someone to manage WVUKs portfolio across World Vision International (WVI) partner organisations - National offices and Regional offices - within your designated region. The purpose of this position is to achieve change for the world’s most vulnerable children and support WVUK’s key stakeholders to deliver effective and strategic programme impact, income and advocacy.
Experience of portfolio and matrix management, cross-cultural and cross-functional working is essential. Proven experience of successful programme management in developing countries, and understanding of development theory policy and practice are all key requirements.
Some of the key responsibilities you will have as Regional Portfolio Manager include:
- Manage WVUK relationships with WV Regional Office (RO) and National Offices (NO); represent WVUK’s strategy intent and influence RO & NO in implementing their own strategies.
- Using your knowledge of Regional and National contexts, programming, trends, risks and relationships; advise and coordinate multiple WVUK stakeholder interests and engagement with the ROs and NOs.Lead WVUK engagement with NO Programme Support Teams (PSTs); engage internally with other Funding Offices to ensure coordinated support to RO & NO strategy implementation.
- Work with WVUK marketing, campaigns and media teams to develop and review material.
- Contribute to financial planning and process financial commitments; balancing RO & NO investment plans with WVUK income budgets.
- Work with Philanthropy Team to support donor engagement; project identification, and donor visits.
- In coordination with other teams build WV’s reputation; key relationships and policy influence with external institutions, coalitions and donors; including but not limited to Department for International Development (DFID) and the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO).
- Represent WVUK both internally and externally ensuring WV’s identity and Christian values are communicated appropriately.
International travel up to 25% of the year will be necessary.
Other than the Regional Programme Manager Unit, you will also be operating with other teams within the Policy and & Programmes Directorate; Policy and Public Affairs, Grants and Humanitarian & Resilience, internally within WVUK with the Fundraising Team and Marketing and Communications Team.
Externally you will engage with peer NGOs, donor institutions such as DFID and EC, and organisations who are operating within your designated region.
This role will give you the opportunity to express your active Christian faith within your work, and be sensitive to its various expressions and denominations.
In addition to the salary offered, benefits include pension, subsidised gym membership, generous holiday entitlement and free parking.
Please click to apply with the link provided, in order to view the Job Description, complete our short online application form and upload your CV.
Closing Date: 5th March 2017
Interview Date: w/c 13th March 2017
Please note that if response for this role is higher than anticipated, we reserve the right to commence interviews and appoint before the published closing date.
World Vision UK is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
As a child focused organisation, World Vision UK is committed to the safeguarding of children and does not employ staff whose background is not suitable for working with children. All employment is conditional upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
No agencies please