Nursing Home Manager
Salary: £40,000- £45,000 a year
Our client is a 26 bed nursing home set in a tranquil village within Basingstoke.
As the Registered Care Home Manager (Registered Nurse) you have responsibility for managing a business, you will lead a team and be responsible for ensuring the Home operates effectively and the highest quality of care is delivered. As post holder you will:
- Ensure quality care is delivered - continually assessing our residents’ needs and wishes and developing the service to enhance their quality of life.
- Actively ensure the home has the highest possible levels of occupancy – having close links with the local community, positively marketing the home and increasing public awareness of our services.
- Be accountable for the home – ensuring compliance with all company policies and regulatory requirements; striving to achieve the best possible CQC rating and other external recognition of quality.
- Work closely with the Home's finance manager to manage the financial effectiveness of the home - maintain the budget of the home and seek to identify opportunities to increase profitability and reduce cost.
- Take on an active leadership role – you will need to be a visible leader in the home supporting the operation of a twenty four hour business.
- Manage every facility in the home – although we are in the care business to deliver this you will manage every service from laundry and maintenance through to catering.
- Developing your people – you will have the opportunity to build your team, by recruiting and developing the right people to grow your business and through supporting their career development.
- You will keep your clinical skills updated by working some 'clinical shifts' so that you are familiar with the care of the residents and are able to accurately review the suitability of your care staff.
In order to achieve this, the Home Manager should have experience of working in the health care sector, be driven, motivated and believe in quality care. Strong leadership and management qualities are essential, as is a dynamic and flexible approach to the role.
Applicants must hold a current registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC) and have a legal right to work in the UK. The Home Manager is critical to the continued success of the business, with exciting opportunities to progress the home.
In return our client offers competitive benefits, including a generous holiday allowance, contributory pension scheme and a private healthcare plan. If you have the skills to succeed in this role and are committed to the provision of quality care please contact us.
If you are able to show the relevant competences obtained from a similar role within the care sector then please apply!