Corporate Financial Planning Analyst
Our Client is a world-class, renowned Commodity business with a truly global reach; this role exists within the Energy Trading business which trades various products including Oil & Gas.
As the Corporate Financial Planning Analyst, you will work as part of the Oil FP&A team based in the London Head Quarters and provide a high level of analysis for Senior Management.
We are seeking a part-qualified accountant/active studier with excellent analytical and Excel skills; who is looking for a long-term career move.
The team which has a great track-record for internal promotion and which offers exceptional training and support, requires a financial analyst to prepare reports and provide analysis on corporate activities (specifically overheads) at various levels for the attention of senior stakeholders including the Oil CEO, Oil CFO and Heads of Department.
Whilst continuous training will be provided, the successful candidate will be a motivated self-starter who is keen to get involved and can work without close supervision. You will be technically able and highly personable with a strong desire to achieve the highest standards. The successful candidate will be required to collaborate with all areas of the business in the continuous evaluation and improvement of processes and systems to ensure that the FP&A team can provide accurate, consistent, and timely information to senior management.
Responsibilities will include but may not be limited to:
- Analysis of overheads by trading desk, location, department, and globally monthly
- Monthly and quarterly reports to department heads with variance analysis of overheads
- Preparation of monthly overhead allocation keys based on agreed methodology
- Monthly analysis of headcount movements and coordinating with departments such as HR and IT
- Quarterly analytical review of overheads by office / business and analysis of travel and entertainment spend
- Production of worldwide annual budget and periodic reforecasts as requested by management
- Business Partnering and working with colleagues from other support functions
- Identify and exploit opportunities for process improvements to streamline reporting and aid analytics
- Production of additional reports to other areas of the department on an ad hoc basis
ESSENTIAL SKILLS, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED:
- Part qualified management accountant (ACCA / CIMA), with a strong academic background, preferably in a numerate degree (or equivalent).
- Strong Excel skills - ideally able to use and understand complex Excel models. Must be able to understand model logic flow. Basic exposure or understanding of Macros will be beneficial
- Able to understand and concisely explain variances to Senior Management, Desk heads, Dept. Heads. Clear focus is on the WHY. Maintaining a view of the big picture is as important as being involved in the detailed analysis.
- A self-starter, able to work without close supervision and be keen to carry through improvements wherever they are identified.
- Flexible, should be able to multi task and efficiently prioritise tasks in response to demands and pressures from various stakeholders
- Good soft skills - comfortable to interact with various levels of the business and able to articulate financial information to non-finance stakeholders in a clear and concise manner
- Keen interest in the Commodity trading industry and an understanding of energy & soft commodities markets would be beneficial