Commercial Finance Manager
3 days left
- Full Time
International FTSE 100 Retailer based in Central London is looking to hire a Commercial Finance Manager in a newly created position.
The role will support their world class Technology function to build and support business cases in order to reduce future costs across capex and opex. It's a highly commercial role, working in parallel with third party suppliers to build financial and commercial models to evaluate new proposals.
- Key point of contact for building IT led business cases
- Excel modelling expert in the team, building flexible models that can be modified rapidly
- To build a clear understanding of IT cost base and the drivers for change
- Identify and support initiatives which improve financial performance
- Evaluate costs against external benchmarks to drive value for money
- Analysis of development spend to assess value for money and challenge existing suppliers
- Produce sensitivity analysis to explore scenarios and understand impact of movement in key variables
- Managing and setting up Benefits realisation & tracking tools
- Provide technical advice to commercial teams on accounting treatment on new technologies and services - drive clarity in the group accounting manual for accounting treatment of technology
- Provide Finance review and challenge to Architecture and business leads
- To understand and be able to build financial statements
- Meet agreed performance objectives and ways of working; identify and progress areas for personal development
- Strong integrity, inquisitive mind and drive insight, efficiency & control
We are looking for a fully qualified individual that has either worked in an IT finance team before or has worked in a Tech company with experience of building business cases. Strong academics; progressive career and excellent interpersonal skills are also a most.
On offer is the opportunity to support a complex function at the heart of one of the world's biggest retailers.