Trade Association Manager
6 days left
- Full Time
Trade Association Manager. Trade Association. Central London. Up to £45k plus Excellent Bens.
A stunning opportunity for a talented and experienced Membership Professional with a commercial outlook and value set to join the Senior Management team of a wider Trade Association Group to lead and develop a dynamic and extremely well respected Membership organisation.
About the Role
Our client has a vacancy for a Trade Association Manager within its secretariat services team who is responsible for the day to day running of a group of smaller Trade Associations that make up the full Association group.
This role involves delivering the Group business strategy and training plan by working with members and a wide range of external stakeholders including , Government, HSE, industry training providers and other working at organisations. The right candidate will make a positive and visible impact on the profile and membership of the organisation and delivery of training in the sector.
You would be expected to develop an understanding of the business and have the ability to influence direction and policies for the sector as well as manage arrange of projects ,events and training courses. You will be confident, have the ability to prioritise a busy workload, project a professional image and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A dynamic and influential trade body
- A high performing and effective team
- Increased profile of the organisation
- Demonstrable impact on policy priorities
- Growth in membership and improve engagement of existing members
- Successful projects, events and training delivered in association with key partners
- Clear and consistent communication to members, clients and other stakeholders
- High quality network of contacts
- Fulfilling a managerial role within the team
- Developing and implementing the business strategy and training plan
- Managing Council and Committee meetings, including preparing papers, briefing the chairman, managing the meeting and delivering actions
- Co-ordinating the external representation of the organisation including attending external meetings and events, presenting an agreed position, and working with external organisations
- Delivering a wide range of projects
- Delivering events such as gala dinners and conferences
- Organising sector specific training courses
- Recruiting and retaining membership
- Drafting communications and managing website content
- Developing guidance and providing advice and assistance to members
- Day to day financial management
- Ensuring corporate compliance
Knowledge & Experience
- Educated to degree level or equivalent with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of developing and implementing business strategy
- Experience of delivering projects to strict criteria and timescales
- Demonstrable customer relationship and networking skills
- Excellent organisational skills with experience of working in a small team demonstrating willingness to support colleagues and contribute to wider team activities
- Experienced line manager
- High attention to detail and ability to analyse information
- Well-presented and professional approach