Infrastructure Analyst / Change Co-ordinator
Infrastructure Analyst / Change Manager / Project Engineer - based in Redhill, Surrey
Permanent role paying up to £55,000 per annum + excellent benefits including contributory Pension, Private Healthcare, Private Dental, Subsidised Gym Membership, Discretionary Bonus, plus many more.
A market leading, global business who services its European entities out of its Redhill office, is seeking an Infrastructure Analyst / Change Co-ordinator to support the business in servicing customers through its use and exploitation of technology hardware including network, communication and telephony systems and services, through provision of data storage and processing capabilities, through use of hardware and system software throughout the stack from servers, OS, middleware and applications, co ordinate, manage and report changes.
- Develop work plans and track/report status of assigned projects/tasks.
- The candidate shall monitor the business IT software applications, documents and analyses problems, troubleshoot, and resolve any reported problems where this is within their responsibility
- Liaise with 3rd party vendor support on all 3rd party 2nd/3rd line issues.
- Fully responsible for problem management activities such as issue resolution and root cause analysis
- Collaborates with Infrastructure team and external 3rd party teams to ensure proper integration and function of systems
- Maintain SLA, System Availability, Capacity management, and Performance KPI
- Maintains system documentation, providing in-house support and training to staff in the European offices.
- Interacts with users and evaluates solutions required by the business.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies.
- Leads and participates in efforts to develop and implement processes.
- Updates systems to include upgrades, patches, and new releases, ensuring continuous operation.
- Previous IT technical experience is essential in managing infrastructure projects, coordinating tasks and reporting.
- Experience in the arena of the following products would be beneficial:
o Administration of Biztalk for flow management
o Administration of Software AG Mediator products or proxying web services
o Windows Server 2012 and Remote desktop application deployment
o Access database / ODBC connectivity
o Oracle Database SQL
- Window Server estate across 2 domains
- Unix / Linux estate: Solaris predominantly
- Oracle databases
- Middleware: Weblogic, Glassfish, JCAPs, Oracle SOA Suite
- System software: VMWare, Hyper-V, Oracle Enterprise Manager, ManageEngine App manager monitoring, Citrix, Remote Desktop Applications
- Hardware: SUN, Dell, EMC, HP, Cisco
- Proactive and highly organised / Ability to work with minimal general supervision or as part of a team
- Able to use initiative and be self sufficient in taking ownership of a given area
- Strong Analytical/Problem Solving skills, ability to approach each task in a systematic manner
- Strong IT skills
- Adaptability, flexibility in working within a team, always happy to get-stuck-in
- Work well under pressure
- Commercial awareness and good appreciation of the impact a system may have on the company.
- The ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff, business and IT, technical and non-technical
- Good customer attitude and approachability
- Excellent communication skills from verbal to written.
- Some European language linguistic skills desirable but not essential (some documentation and screens are in native language - German, French, Dutch)
- Be happy to occasionally work anti-social hours for specific project tasks.