Senior Risk Analyst
4 days left
- Full Time
There is a great opportunity for a risk analyst to join a leading UK based asset management firm. It's a completely new function within the investment risk team and will involve working with a number of the senior members/head of investment risk. The scope is fairly wide and the candidate will be encouraged to 'make the role their own' and grow and develop with the function.
Practically, the role will oversee all regulatory risk reporting and will involve performing risk assessments and reports across regulatory functions also. Automation, improvement, and creativity is expected in order to make all processes run as efficiently as possible, along with identification of potential areas of improvement.
Key Responsibilities will Include:
- Design and maintenance of a system to calculate risk ratings and measures
- Assist with the independent risk oversight for specific funds and businesses
- Communicate risk requirements with other parts of the business
- Assist with the development or regulatory risk reporting
- Provide risk reports and portfolio risk data in support of regulatory reporting
- Understand compliance and regulatory requirements
- Escalate relevant risk issues
- Participate in the development and execution of the investment risk strategy
The role will require at least 2 years' experience working a risk analytics, or risk reporting function in a buy side firm or similar. Knowledge of VaR and risk systems is important, along with relevant IT skills i.e. VBA and SQL. Investment risk regulatory reporting knowledge will be ideal.
Compensation for the role will be in the range of £45,000 - £55,000 plus excellent bonus and benefits. There is also great scope for progression with the investment risk team.