Technical Architect / Solutions Architect
Job Title: Technical Architect
Salary: £55,000 - £65,000
The company is a leading Managed Service provider of IT Consultancy and Infrastructure services, delivering secure and highly-available solutions that solve business problems.
The Technical Architect role helps plan and design solutions for potential and existing clients, and if purchased is responsible for their successful delivery. The Technical Architect will work with the Solution Consultant during the pre-sale phase to ensure solutions are technically viable and can be implemented using resources and capabilities of the company. Post-sale the Technical Architect will work with the Project Manager to successfully implement the solution within agreed scope and provide technical expertise and leadership throughout the project. The split between pre-sales and post-sales is expected to be 25% and 75% respectively. The Technical Architects will also work with the CTO office to become the technical design authority for their chosen expertise.
- Engage with prospective or existing clients with the Solution Consultant, to understand the client's high level technical requirements prior to designing an appropriate solution.
- Attend client presentations and pitches for work with the appropriate Solutions Consultant as required to demonstrate technical capability and expertise.
- Take ownership of the proposed technical design and create architecture design and sizing documents detailing the client's requirements and solution.
- Engage relevant stakeholders to ensure that solutions will deliver against clients' agreed requirements.
- Work with key stakeholders to provide documentation to initiate projects.
- Work with the Project Manager to create and be responsible for Work Breakdown Structures to deliver solutions to agreed scope.
- Work with the client and operations leads to define and agree acceptance criteria.
- Be accountable for the implementation of the solution to the agreed scope and acceptance criteria.
- Provide technical leadership throughout any project to ensure that the solution implemented meets both the technical specification and the agreed client's requirements, and address any change of scope using the project change control process.
- Carry out key technical customisation or adaptations as necessary; instruct or advise the Technical Specialists where appropriate to ensure the delivery of a client's solution is in line with the technical specification and the agreed client's requirements.
- Provide high level technical consultancy to support client application builds and User Acceptance Testing where necessary.
- Ensure that any actual or potential security risks or incidents are reported to the Security Manager and support efforts to resolve them where required.
- Use your experience and knowledge to work with the CTO office to develop and promote new or existing services in areas of your expertise to clients and the business.
- Work with the CTO office to develop and maintain the service catalogue.
- Work with the CTO office to identify automation targets to improve efficiency and accuracy.
Professional / Personal Skills and Experience:
- Has a track record of designing IT solutions in an enterprise computing environment preferably for a service provider.
- Proven experience in either financial services or retail environments.
- Has demonstrated an ability to create innovative and viable solutions to IT challenges.
- High level Technical skills on Microsoft software, Linux systems and preferably firewall and load balancing technologies.
- In depth knowledge of one or more of the following: IBM Cloud (formally SoftLayer), Microsoft Office365 or Azure.
- Has a thorough understanding of the products and services the company provide, the opportunities it has to grow its business and of the industry it operates in. Motivated and is interested in maintaining and developing this.
- Demonstrates Technical Authority and is client orientated.
- Has effective leadership skills and is able to motivate and hold colleagues to account without line management authority.
- Effective influencer and persuader and is a credible presenter.
- Highly organised, understands the technical challenges associated with delivering complex IT projects.
- Effective communication skills particularly within a team environment
- Capable of being highly responsive were required and drives a solution focused culture within their sphere of influence.
- Proven ability to learn new technologies and self-improvement/development.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Excellent MS office and MS Visio skills.
- Will work across the London and Bagshot sites and travel within the South East of England.
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Technical Solutions Architect, IT Solutions Technical Architect, Infrastructure Technical Architect, Software Technical Architect, Technical Architect, IT Solutions Architect, Linux Systems, HTML/HTML5, Oracle, Senior IT Architect, Software Engineer, Solutions Architect, Microsoft Engineer, Windows Engineer, Technical Engineer, Systems Architect, Lead Solutions Architect, Systems Developer, Software Architect, Solutions Engineer, Software Developer, Solutions Analyst, Systems Analyst, Technical Systems Engineer will also be considered for this role.