This cutting edge company operates & leads within the field of electronic cigarettes & e-liquids and is looking to recruit an experienced purchasing manager to ensure that all products & raw materials are always kept in stock in-line with demand forecasting etc. In addition, the candidate will take on developing new product lines by working with relevant members of sales/marketing/retail teams.
Key tasks involved in the ongoing day-to-day:
- Checking inventory planning tool software & raising relevant PO’s/stock movement orders
- Processing delivery/manufacturing stock arrivals on relevant system
- Pushing suppliers for the best price
- Seeking new suppliers to tender on pricing on an ongoing basis
- Working closely with marketing, sales, manufacturing, retail, finance and warehouse teams to ensure all demand is foreseen and handled
- Carrying out supplier audits/quality checks & keeping relevant records (onsite and offsite)
- Maintaining relationships with suppliers
- Recognise & identify new opportunities/product lines alongside key teams
- Evaluating inbound buying requests and present/report where necessary
- Close work with marketing to ensure new product launches go smoothly
- Leasing with shipping agents to expedite deliveries when required
- Ensure all production consumables are kept within minimum stock level
- Managing overstock product levels & taking responsibility with marketing/sales teams to clear overstock items
- Creating shell product on ecommerce system for new products
- Operate a continuous improvement scheme.
Your skills & experience required to be Product & Purchasing Manager:
- Buyer/purchasing/procurement/product management experience highly desirable
- Experience with vape e-cig products not required but a huge plus
- Negotiating pricing with suppliers, ability to show monies saved
- Documenting, implementing and creating processes & procedures
- Highly organised & analytical mind set, attention to detail is vital in this role
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and have good problem solving and communication skills.
- Team player
- Computer literate (excel, word, ecommerce systems, etc.).
- Product Manager
To Apply for the position of Product and Purchasing Manager see below