Pre-Sales Consultant - Fibre Optic, Ethernet, DWDM, MNO Experience
Technical Pre-Sales Consultant - Telecomms, Mobile, Fibre Optic, Ethernet, VPN, Infrastructure and Transmission - £60-80k + Bonus + Benefits
Location - London and home working.
Experience in a Pre-Sales role designing solutions for large MNO's incorporating Fibre Optic Infrastructure+Transmission Networks is a MUST.
To provide customer facing presales support for Partner Markets, Service Provider and Mobile accounts. Enable us to achieve the status of Trusted Technical Advisor to our target customer base.
- To act as the solution design authority for customer opportunities, interpreting customer requirements and translating these into network solutions in line with our strategy.
- Presenting solutions back to customers, gaining all internal approvals and ensuring internal governance processes are followed.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Gathering customer technical requirements and working with customer and our teams to develop compelling technical solutions.
- Produce accurate fibre optic route designs and associated technologies for large projects.
- Build cost models and guide the commercial teams on the most profitable approaches to building solutions, enabling commercial and finance teams to have a full understanding of the appropriate commercial models for solutions
- Provide customer facing technical pre sales support to target customers, including all technical and product related elements of presentations, quotations, proposal, contract and bid documents
- Handover of pre-sales design to project delivery team
Driving success of the business with the following responsibilities:
- Manage the internal design and costing process, including operational approvals encompassing technical architecture and associated internal departments.
- Prepare high quality proposal material for customer presentations and large complex tender responses.
- Support contract negotiation and development taking responsibility for the technical aspects of large customer contracts.
- Liaise with the Product team to ensure solutions are supportable and in line with strategy.
- Provide valuable input into opportunity qualification, win strategies, commercial discussions and solution design.
This is a role that requires an ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines.
- Account Teams and Business Development
- Planning and Operational Teams
- Project Delivery
- Customer - Technical influencers and decision makers
- 3rd party approved partners and vendors
Knowledge & Experience:
- Communication skills - ability to understand and present technical solutions to mixed audiences.
- At least 5 years’ experience in a Presales role designing solutions for large service providers or MNO’s incorporating fibre optic infrastructure and transmission networks.
- Strong credibility and experience in network design, construction, dark fibre networks, metro and long distance carrier networks and full understanding of Ethernet and associated VPN architectures.
- Experience in responding to complex, high value major bids incorporating appropriate technologies and solutions.
- High quality written and oral presentation skills.
- Excellent inter-personal skills with the ability to work well within a virtual team environment.
Education to degree level in a technical subject is preferred.
- Experience designing optical networks, incorporating DWDM.
- Ability to use network design tools and software drawing packages eg. Google Earth, etc.
- Ability to travel
- Up to date on Service Provider and MNO market trends (e.g. small cells & 5G deployment)
- Knowledge of project management tools and disciplines
A strong determination to succeed
- Ability to work under pressure and to challenging deadlines.
- Methodical thinker able to deliver complex network designs
- Results orientated
- Positive and professional attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal skills
Passionate about the potential to do something new and different in the UK telecoms market
A prompt response is offered, please enquire now to hear more, you MUST have solid Fibre Optic Infrastructure into MNO experience to be applicable for this role.