Senior Management Accountant
7 days left
- Full Time
My client is looking to hire a Senior Management Accountant to join the Finance team within a global business.
The successful applicant will be expected to work closely with the sales department in order to ensure the accurate allocation and treatment of planned promotional spend, compile reporting and contribute to the business forecasting and monthly close out activities.
SAP and advanced Excel skills are a pre-requisite together with strong communication and organisational skills. Candidates should possess sound financial accounting and internal reporting experience developed within a medium to large enterprise. Preferably the candidate would have a finance qualification / be part qualified and should be able to demonstrate the ability to work methodically and accurately towards tight deadlines. Experience in a wholesale/retail environment is desired.
The successful candidate will be a pro-active individual with a hands on approach, strong analytical mind set and ability to pay close attention to detail.
- Demonstrable SAP experience
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Relevant accounting experience covering key areas of the P&L & B/S
- Experience working in a multi-currency environment
- Strong troubleshooting and problem solving ability
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate effectively at every level
- Proven ability to work in an analytical and independent manner
- Business Warehouse and Business Planning and Consolidation experience advantageous
- Responsible for monthly journal postings, accrual calculations, balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis on promotional spend.
- Setting up and pricing promotional activities in SAP.
- Maintaining the overall accuracy of promotional data in SAP.
- Compiling credit claims and liaising with central teams to resolve discrepancies.
- Providing support in validating promotional claims received from customers.
- Actively working with account managers to develop accurate forecasts and provide financial management support on promotional queries.
- Compiling key sections of the monthly, quarterly and annual forecasts to head office.
- Generating monthly reporting for submission to head office and inclusion in management reporting packs.
Providing ad hoc duties to support the finance department and wider business.