Assistant Project Manager
ASSISTANT PROJECT MANAGER, Watford, £20- £30k per annum
As part of sustained organic growth this building services company have established a number of prestigious long term contracts in the commercial sector. They are currently going through an exciting period of change and as part of this are looking to take on enthusiastic and forward thinking individuals who are keen to develop their professional skillset.
Will have project management experience across a wide range of disciplines within construction. They will have an eye for detail and be a good team player who is keen to join our expanding workforce to accommodate growth.
They are looking for individuals to come on board and help their business grow as well as continue their own professional development.
- Meet with clients to discuss the scope of works to ensure a firm understanding of what is required.
- Source suppliers and sub-contractors where necessary, to provide materials and labour resources required to carry out the works.
- Obtain multiple quotes from suppliers to ensure that the most efficient, effective and economic solution is obtained for the task in hand.
- Drive down costs when quoting to maximise profit.
- Prepare quotes and specifications for clients to ensure the business wins the works tendered for.
- Ensure all works are carried out and completed within the required time frame, within budget and to the required quality.
- Promote and maintain a safe working environment at all times.
- Generally manage projects, suppliers, sub-contractors and staff.
- Produce frequent status and progress reports on all current projects.
With a desirable track record of solid practical experience in managing projects, the Assistant Project Manager will:
- Have experience in the Commercial Building/Construction industry.
- Have relevant estimating experience.
- Have relevant professional qualifications or have a trade qualification.
- Have experience working to tight deadlines and willing to go above and beyond if and when required.
- Knowledge MS Project to a basic level.
- Some knowledge of Electrical and Mechanical systems.
- Experience of AutoCAD would be an advantage.
- Has a good understanding of Project Finances.
What you get in return:
- Salary £20 - 30 000 dependant on experience
- Annual Leave: 20 days plus 8 days bank holiday.
- Company phone.
- Company laptop.
- Relevant training provided where necessary.