Legal Assistant/Paralegal 12 month FTC - Farnborough
6 days left
- Full Time
Legal Assistant/Paralegal (12 month FTC) - Farnborough
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Legal Assistant/Paralegal to join a leading Global Defence and Technology Organisation within their Legal & Compliance division.
On a 12 month fixed term contract you will be providing support to the Group Head of Legal, Principal Legal Advisers and Patent Attorneys to provide a comprehensive and high quality in-house legal service, across company businesses, covering a broad range of legal issues helping the businesses to ensure all activities are in line with legal requirements and risks are mitigated appropriately.
Day to Day Duties
· Supporting legal and business colleagues in the negotiation of commercial contracts; in managing and resolving contractual and employment disputes and litigation.
· Supporting corporate acquisition and disposal activity, including the delivery and co-ordination of employment advice; undertaking due diligence; negotiating and drafting of heads of terms; warranties and indemnities.
· Supporting business teams negotiating and drafting supply-chain contracts.
· Advising on the protection of intellectual property rights and protection of confidential information.
· Advising on Employment law matters.
· Providing advice across the business on compliance with applicable laws and regulations, with emphasis on the Bribery Act, and other applicable anti-corruption legislation
· Implementing and leading the co-ordination of "due diligence" on "intermediaries" to ensure compliance Company policy aligning with the "adequate procedures" standard of the Bribery Act.
Qualifications and Experience
* UK or Commonwealth graduate preferably having completed the GDL and/or LPC
* Training Contract secured
* Ability to apply commercial judgement to a range of legal issues
* Previous experience of working in a legal practice either in a law firm or in an in-house legal function or similar (either pre- or post- qualification) is desirable.
* Proactive, flexible and able to work under pressure
* A Team player
* A 'can do' attitude with a readiness to 'roll your sleeves up' and get down to tackling and resolving issues and producing excellent outcomes.
* An ability to understand a complex organisation with many different work streams.
How to Apply
If you meet requirements and want to gain experience through this role as a Legal Assistant ahead of your Training Contract, apply online today.
Contact: Angharad Jenkins