Accounts Assistant £16-19,000
- Location: Hemel Hempstead, Hemel Hempstead
- Salary: £16-19,000
- Reference: 9105
We are working for a growing hospitality company who due to continued growth means that they are now seeking an Accounts Assistant to assist in day to day accounts roles and payment processing of meetings and events on behalf of our wide range of blue chip clients.
Based in Hemel Hempstead, the role involves working in a team of four persons in general accounts roles including payment processing, account reconciliations, invoicing, contract checking and financial support for our booking teams.
This would suit a person studying for AAT or ACCA who wishes to gain a strong basis of knowledge in commercial as well as pure accounting transactions. This may be a first step from academic background. Full training will be given for the right candidate. Alternatively you may be experienced working in an accounts function environment.
- Payment processing meetings and events for a wide range of blue chip clients.
- Reconciliation and authorisation of credit card payments made on behalf of clients.
- Commission invoice processing to venues and hotels.
- General work on sales ledger and purchase ledger.
- Communicating extensively with clients and venues to finalise and negotiate charges for events.
- Good working knowledge of MS Office and accounts package required. Sage is currently being used by the company.
- Good communications skills required by telephone and email.
- Hours Monday to Friday 9.30am to 5.30pm.
- 20 days holiday plus normal bank holidays.