Financial Reporting Analyst
7 days left
- Full Time
We have a fantastic opportunity for a Senior Financial Reporting Analyst to join a highly regarded educational institution. You will be supporting the Director of Finance with financial sustainability, modelling and reporting on policy changes. You will act as the key link between strategic steering groups and between the finance and planning departments. You will also lead on special projects requiring preparation and analysis of financial and other data for planning, decision making and for assisting achievement of the organisation's strategic aims.
This role is initially on a 2 month temporary basis, ideally leading into a permanent role.
Extensive benefits and holiday allowance included in permanent employment.
Management of the Transparent Approach to Costing (TRAC) process
- Be responsible for producing and submitting value for money and other HEFCE returns and reporting. This includes co-ordination and timetabling of external returns that cross departments.
- Provide liaison and co-ordination for all financial sustainability reporting and projects, including launching initiatives and communicating existing best practice across the University.
- Provide expertise in HEFCE funding and data for planning purposes. To include ad-hoc modelling of confirmed and proposed policy and departmental level allocations. Report on grant announcement and updates
- Act as the secretary to the strategic steering group and provide similar support to other strategic initiatives or projects.
- Producing and presenting high quality and easy to understand information and training for senior managers to assist them in understanding the organsisation finances
- Representing the organisation at external events and groups
Development and maintenance of tools for costing and financial
- Develop and improve costing tools for new teaching programmes, life learning activity (CPD, executive education), MOOCs and distance learning, consultancy
- Develop and improve project/investment appraisal practices, templates and tools including for estate investment proposals, partnership projects and other development proposals
- Propagate good practice across the organisation in financial investment appraisal and its application
Financial magagement information
- Producing and presenting high quality and easy to understand reports for the organisation committees, Senior Management Team and Finance Committee
- Support the Director of Finance, Reporting and Systems to enhance management information and provide innovative solutions to information requests
- Lead on the preparation and analysis of financial and other data relating to the organisation annual planning exercise;
- Assisting the Financial Analysis and Reporting team on various ad-hoc exercises, analysing the organisation's progress in strengthening its long-term financial position;
- Such other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the role, the title of the post and its grading.
Essential attributes and skills:
- ACCA/ACA/CIMA fully qualified
- You must have previously worked for a University or educational institution previously - highly desirable
- Experience of working as a management accountant in a complex organisation
- Experience of dealing with large sets of data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to think strategically and creatively to work independently and part of a team
- Excellent IT skills - intermediate Microsoft Word and Excel
- High level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of Oracle or Axiom systems
We look forward to recieving your application!