3rd Line Engineer (Projects)
3rd Line Project Engineer
We are looking for a proactive and passionate 3rd Line Project Engineer with a strong customer focus. You will be joining an exciting team where you will have high levels of ownership and enjoy a culture of supportiveness and co-operation. You will be receiving circa £2,000 of training during the first year as part of your salary and benefits package.
Joskos is one of the UK’s fastest growing education technology businesses and esteemed winner of multiple ICT support awards. Our company prides itself on providing exceptional end to end ICT solutions fit for education businesses.
Key Responsibilities of 3rd Line Project Engineer:
- Maintain project delivery schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities and resolving problems.
- Deliver projects to defined time-scales and project objectives, effectively communicate and manage projects expectations to all relevant stakeholders.
- Working with the Project Manager you will be a technical lead and responsible for the technical scoping and successful delivery of projects within defined timescales & project objectives.
- Assist Project Managers in managing contractors and junior project engineers during project delivery.
- Conduct network surveys and assessment.
- Review and document key tasks and deliverables for business as usual projects to enable project team/contractors to implement.
- Successful delivery of multiple projects consisting of a variety of technologies and vendors.
- Maintain technical project delivery schedule by monitoring project progress, coordinating activities and resolving problems should they arise.
- Working closely with the PM to oversee contractors and junior project engineers during project delivery lifecycle.
- Conduct network surveys, assessments, documentation and reports - both pre and post-sale.
- Reviewing and documenting key tasks and deliverables projects to enable project teams.
Requirements of of 3rd Line Project Engineer:
- Proven ability to configure and troubleshoot variety of Windows Server OSs: 2003 through 2012 R2 essential.
- Virtualisation - Excellent understanding of the virtualization concepts with working knowledge of VMware and Hyper-V, including highly-available clusters.
- Storage - proven ability to create highly-resilient SANs using iSCSI.
- Experience with Apple OSX and/or Google networks desiderable.
- Networking - Good understanding of the networking stack, TCP/IP and subnetting. Ability to deal with a wide range of networking hardware from different vendors. Comfortable with configuring VLANs, ACLs, STP and SNMP.
- Experience with Firewalls and Web filtering products.
- Knowledge of deployment solutions such as WDS essential.
- Excellent Time Management, and Planning & Control.
- Experience dealing with Google Apps and Office 365 essential.
*Please note that if you are successful you will be required to satisfy pre-employment screening checks.
Please, if you are interested and feel that your experience, skills and qualifications match our requirements, apply for this position ASAP! You can also join us in LinkedIn at Joskos Solutions HR Team to be in touch in the future.