IT Technician - AV and events
The IET are seeking a Digital Content / IT Execuitve to to join the Conference and Banqueting team. This is an exciting opportunity to join the 5 star venue at the IET’s prestigious Savoy Place Venue in London.
You will be responsible for supporting the AV Manager to provide IT solutions in conjunction audio visual and production services to all users, providing ideas & technology that inspire great meetings & events at IET London: Savoy Place.
The Digital Content / IT Executive will co-ordinate the resources between the two lecture theatres and 19 associated meeting rooms to include fixed and mobile equipment, liaiseing with each client prior to using the venue to ensure a full understanding of their requirements and event objectives. You will offer advice & guidance regarding the optimal IT-AV equipment & support solution to deliver exceptional customer service every time.
If you think you have what it takes to be a part of the smooth and effective customer service experience that The IET offer at Savoy Place : London then we would love to hear from you!
Please send in your most up to date and relevant CV as soon as possible to be considered.
This role is offering £30, 000 per annum for a 40 hours week as per the rota, exclusive of meal breaks. To include weekends, bank holidays, early and late shifts as detailed in weekly rota. Time off in lieu will be offered where business levels allow. 5 days out of 7
Main Duties and Responsibilities (summary)
- Overall responsibility for the day to day floor operation including setting up & operation of all fixed and mobile IT -AV equipment , digital display screens, Video Conferencing and production services at IET London: Savoy Place ensuring all facilities and services are delivered to agreed standards of procedure
- To work effectively and collaboratively with IET IT department regarding LAN, wifi , vpn, telephony , connectivity , day to day configuration of firewall and switches .
- To work effectively and collaboratively with IET.tv with regards to filming and streaming
- To liaise with the Venue sales team and the clients and/or their production company regarding all IT networking requirements , dedicated bandwidth and IP address requirements . Notify sales team of costs to be applied to the client.
- Apply knowledge of industry trends and developments to improve service to our clients & allow up selling for equipment to provide enhanced services to all the Venue’s clients.
- To provide outstanding customer service to clients & resolve customer care/ service issues, problems and queries with the Head of Venues and Facilities , following the guidelines in place in a timely manner.
- Liaise with all appropriate and required service providers internal and external to ensure appropriate actions are taken for each conference or event
- Ensure that all required AV & VC and networking equipment has been assessed and configured prior to an event and that it is functioning correctly
- To ensure that all the required resources are ordered, received, available and assigned, as appropriate.
- To maintain accurate records of all events managed and duties performed and to provide statistical and management information, as required, by the Head of Venues and Facilities
- To liaise with Operations and Sales colleagues, and ensure that up to date event and client information is submitted so that final invoices are prepared in a timely and accurate manner
- Up selling of IT network , AV, filming & streaming and Video Conferencing services and equipment
- To effectively promote the services of IET.tv for filming , editing and streaming services
- Competitor analysis of venue IT networks services offered to clients .
- Cisco networking experience include ASA firewall
- Cisco wi-fi infrastructure
- VLan configuration and bandwidth assignment
- MS Office
- Configuration of PCs
- Extensive experience of AV & VC equipment including Digital Yamaha Mixing Consoles, Analogue Way Diventix Switchers, Panasonic ETZ cameras, ETC 60 Element Lighting Consoles and Polycom Video conferencing Units
- Well presented, with a calm and professional approach
- Excellent customer service skills and awareness. Ability to work with confidence at a variety of levels of customer
- Strong communication skills, with a good level of spoken English.
- General administration skills, with the ability to juggle and prioritise a variety of tasks.
- A flexible approach to working hours is essential. Position involves evening, weekend work, some bank holidays and on-call responsibility
- Permits to Work
- To have a knowledge of lighting and control systems
A Disclosure Check will be required as part of the responsibilities of handling client data