Technical Support Advisor
5 days left
- Full Time
Technical Support Advisor
We are currently recruiting for an IT Technical Support Advisor to join our Milton Keynes office.
The Technical Support Advisor will work within our sales and marketing teams supporting them by answering the phone and technical email queries that come through daily. You will be responsible for investigating end user issues and resolving them as quickly as possible, passing onto the 2nd and 3rd line support team and managers where applicable.
Key responsibilities will be:
- To answer the support/admin phone line. This could be from business & home consumer users or channel partners including distributors and resellers.
- Send and respond to technical support emails within SLA guidelines.
- Report back on support tickets where needed to management and channel partners.
- Responsible for the technical set-up at Synology events and exhibitions.
- Support the marketing team by dealing with technical queries from the media.
- Attend and work at exhibitions, seminars and product launch events.
- To always liaise with customers in a professional, patient and courteous manner whether this is face-face, via email or phone.
- Training staff on new products and specifications.
- Other duties as required.
We receive calls and emails daily from distributors, resellers, media and end users who require various levels of support on Synology NAS. These queries could be anything from "What hard-drives are compatible?" to "My entire business IT infrastructure is down..."
Essential skills, experience and requirements of the job:
- A keen interest in IT.
- Willingness to learn and develop knowledge on new IT technologies.
- A relevant IT qualification or comparable working experience within IT.
- Good, clear and confident telephone manner.
- Good working level of spelling and grammar.
- Customer service experience.
- Fluent in English.
- Full clean driving license, with own transportation.
- Willingness to travel for events and training across UK, Ireland and Nordic countries.
- Full, valid passport
- Willingness to work overtime and the occasional over night stay when and if required for events.
- Ability to prioritise work effectively.
Ideal skills and experience:
- Fluency in a Nordic language.
- Knowledge in networking, data storage, NAS, virtualisation and/or Linux.
Person specification and attributes:
We are looking for an individual who will be able to support our customers and sales and marketing departments with any query they have, in a professional and pleasant manner. Looking to get all queries resolved as quickly as possible.
You will need to be:
- Confident in person and on the phone
- Friendly and polite
- A team player
- Proactive and reliable
Further information and benefits:
- Competitive salary
- Hours: Monday - Thursday 9:00 - 5:30 and Friday 9:00 - 5:00
- 1 hour lunch break
- Free parking
- 20 days holiday + Bank Holidays
- Child care voucher scheme available
- Pension scheme
Synology at a glance:
Synology is dedicated to taking full advantage of the latest technologies to bring businesses and home users reliable and affordable ways to centralise data storage, simplify data backup, share and sync files across different platforms, and access data on-the-go. Synology aims to deliver products with forward-thinking features and the highest levels of customer services.
If you have the above skills and experience and want to be part of a thriving, growing company, in a small team environment then please apply today.