Role: Electrical Engineer
"Design and Integration"
Location: Commutable from Horsham, Brighton, Crawley, Redhill, East Grinstead, Croydon and surrounding areas
Salary: £39,000 - £46,000 per annum + Pension + Life Assurance + Private Healthcare + 33 Days holiday (including Bank holidays)
A global and international leader who specialise within the design, manufacture and integration of industrial machines for companies worldwide. The company takes great pride in its work and people, offering an excellent collaborative and innovative working environment for the right person.
Features & Benefits of working for this company
- Take on a varied role where you will work across design, integration, maintenance and problem solving
- Opportunity to work across new and improved products
- Help integrate and improve new equipment to other industries
- Work for a company that is well established and known globally in their field for being the best
- Be able to influence, develop and implement your ideas
- Be at the forefront of helping the business grow
- Work for a company that has open communication and transparency
- With low staff turnover, you can expect to be working with loyal and dedicated staff
- Don’t be tied to a desk, this role will involve both practical and theory
Design, maintain and integrate electrical aspects of these industrial machines, including:
- Create BOMs for standard production systems, liaising with the sales department as necessary.
- Produce schematics and panel layouts for bespoke applications and new equipment using AutoCAD Electrical.
- Select appropriate components and find substitutes for obsolete or unobtainable parts.
- Electrical integration of systems on to end user machines, liaising with customers’ engineers where necessary.
- Liaise with subcontractors on new designs, including obtaining quotes and resolving manufacturing issues.
- Produce documentation packages including build instructions, test procedures and installation instructions.
- Ensure designs are in compliance with relevant BS EN and UL/CSA standards.
- Ensure document revision control using AutoCAD Vault.
Ensure designs progress smoothly from order to onsite installation:
- Perform site surveys at the customer’s premises where necessary prior to design work.
- Assist with the wiring, build and evaluation of the first build of new designs.
- Take the lead in resolving build or test issues; liaise with the production manager and quality engineers.
- Support service technicians and customers during system install. This is ordinarily via telephone or email but may include visits to site.
- Work with the service department to support customers’ post-sales by assisting with fault finding and issue resolution activities.
- Educated to a HNC OR HND and above in Electrical Engineering
- Electrical CAD: AutoCAD Electrical or similar
- Previous relevant experience including 3-phase power, inverters and motor drives
- Ability to work to BS/EN, UL/CSA product standards, and other international standards
- Understanding of the design processes
- Practical workshop skills
- Must be free to travel worldwide with no restrictions.
- Must speak clear fluent technical English
- European language ability (in addition to English) is an advantage
- Must speak clear fluent English (including technical language)
- Must be willing and able to travel worldwide as and when required
If this role sounds of interest, please apply now and send your most up to date CV to Wesley at TechNichols Resourcing to be considered. Or call TechNichols Resourcing and speak with Wesley for further information.
We will endeavour to get back to all applicants but if you have not heard back within 5 working days unfortunately your application has been unsuccessful.