Project Service Engineer
Our client has a unique opportunity available for a Project Service Engineer to join the team in Bridgwater. The role is a full time, permanent position offering a competitive salary.
They currently have a FULL-TIME vacancy for the position of Project Service Engineer. The successful candidate will join their expanding team to assist in the planning, installation, support and on-going maintenance of their Scientific range of products as seen on their website.
Our client operates nationwide in the UK and Ireland, and the successful candidate will represent our client face to face with their Customers. It is essential therefore that the successful candidate is trustworthy, well presented, possesses excellent interpersonal skills and preferably has a clean UK driving license.
This is a very demanding but rewarding role, with long hours and overnight stays a regular feature, so plenty of drive and enthusiasm will be essential. In return for your loyalty and commitment, they will provide a good basic salary plus overtime, pension, mobile phone and a company vehicle.
What are the responsibilities of the Project Service Engineer?
- Study and understand technical drawings and specifications of electrical systems, to ensure that installation and operations conform to standards and Customer requirements
- Inspect completed installations and observe operations, to ensure conformance to design and equipment specifications and compliance with operational and safety standards
- Supervise and train project team members as necessary
- To assume responsibility for the planning, delivery, installation of various projects within the team with the support of the service department manager
- Maintain individual skills, keeping up-to-date with latest production and servicing concepts
What do they look for in a Project Service Engineer?
- Electrically qualified with experience of 3 Phase / commercial electrics
- Installation experience with logical problem solving skills
- Excellent presentation, listening, timekeeping and organisational skills
- Personable nature, attention to detail and ability to communicate clearly with people at all levels
- Tact and diplomacy when on site, and the ability to deal with multiple Customer queries at once
- Calm disposition under pressure, and ability to make efficient decisions and work to (tight) deadlines
- Ability and willingness to work flexibly and re-prioritise projects, to meet a continuously-changing delivery schedule
- Excellent attention to detail and high personal standards regarding quality of work
- Ability to make effective decisions whilst under pressure, and work to (tight) deadlines
- Good understanding of health and safety responsibilities
- Maintain individual skills, keeping up-to-date with latest production and servicing concept
- Excellent 'problem solving’ and time management skills
Deadline for applications: Strictly 5pm, Thursday 21st December 2017.
Why not click 'apply’ today? Don’t miss out on this opportunity to develop your career as their Project Service Engineer.
Please see their website for further details about the role.
Applicants who demonstrate competency in the key selection criteria above and most closely match their requirements will be short-listed for a brief telephone Interview soon after the closing date.
If you are successful at this first stage, you will be invited to a more formal Interview at their Bridgwater Head Office.
Please note: They cannot accept responsibility for late applications or those lost in the post or email system.
No Agencies please.