Linux Systems Administrator - West Sussex - Up to £45,000pa
6 days left
- Full Time
Linux System Administrator - West Sussex - up to £45,000pa
Our Client, based in West Sussex, is currently looking to recruit a Linux System Administrator to join their expanding team on a permanent basis to be the primary support resource and final escalation point for all Linux systems.
Their current environment is a mix of Windows and Linus Systems so the successful candidate will ideally have experience and knowledge of both and would have ideally worked on a Linux to Windows migration project.
Key responsibilities for the Linux Systems Administrator:
- Maintain, monitor and support all Linux Systems
- Write queries to identify any issues to then go into and fix
- Performance turning Linux operating systems
- Troubleshooting systems
- Work on Linux to Windows system migration project
- Provide knowledge and expertise as an escalation resource to Systems Support
- Work within the established Change Management process to ensure that quality is maintained and risk to the business is minimised
Key Skills & experience for the Linux Systems Administrator:
- Thorough knowledge of Linux operating systems and varying flavours (Redhat, Debian, CentOS)
- Good knowledge of key functions in Windows Server 2003 to 2012 R2.
- Extensive experience with common Linux technologies (Apache, MySQL), and Apache Tomcat on Windows.
- Linux backup and restore principles, including demonstrable experience of recovery planning and regular scheduled testing.
- Excellent communication skills
- VMware expertise is desirable
- Experience of migrating Windows Systems and Servers to Linux
Key Words - Linux / Operating System / Windows / Servers / Migration / Monitor / System Administration / System Engineer / Apache / Redhat / Debian / CentOS / MySQL / TomCat / Performance / Queries / West Sussex
To discuss your suitability for this role further, please simply apply below.
Please note: If you have not been contacted regarding your submission within 2 weeks your application has been unsuccessful for this role only.