IT Trainer - Java & Web Development
To deliver, update and develop Java and Web Development training courses. Initially this role will involve training existing courses and developing new courses. Depending on market conditions, there may be a requirement to learn, develop, update and teach courses from other product areas.
PRINCIPAL ELEMENTS OF ROLE
- Deliver scheduled, onsite and tailored training.
- Ensure that the Java & Web Development training courses and any other courses you present and develop are done to the best of your abilities and to a high standard
- Design, plan, prepare and deliver training courses in line with appropriate course objectives and standards so as to ensure that all training needs are met.
- Assist management to identify training needs in relation to new, existing and updating products.
- Where appropriate, discuss direct with clients their specific training needs to ensure that their training continues to meet organisational requirements.
SCOPE OF ROLE
The job will require the post holder to:
- Operate within a team.
- Train delegates of all levels and skills.
- Be responsible for the supervision of delegates within the training environment.
- Liaise with staff at all levels internally and externally.
- Converse with prospective clients to advise them on their training requirements. This may require attendance at client meetings.
- Advise management on relevant changes, updates and developments within their specialities.
- Work effectively on your own initiative.
- Have a willingness to learn and train on new subject areas
- Demonstrate an in-depth knowledge of the topics and courses you are required to deliver.
- Effectively develop and review training courses to ensure that all training deliveries are conducted to an acceptable standard.
- Effectively train a range of Java & Web Development training courses
- Assist with the creation and development of the marketing and technical materials relating to the course curriculums. This will include course technical guides for the IT department, setup guides, course specifications, website curriculum descriptions, tailored course outlines and any other technical or marketing related materials.
- Although this role is based in London there will be a significant amount of travel throughout the UK and overseas. This will involve travelling outside normal working hours.
A minimum of one year training experience in Java & Web Development is preferred. An experienced Java & Web Developer looking to move into a training role or an experienced technical IT trainer wishing to train Java & Web Development courses would also be considered.