Management Accountant / ACCA, CIMA Qualified Accountant
Job Title: Management Accountant
Location: Watford/Brent, North London
Salary: up to £40,000 + car and bonus
The population on earth is set to grow to over 9 billion by 2050. Our world is still developing, putting pressure on natural, economic and human resources.
The company's vision is to take better care of the planet and the people who live on it - this is their way forward. This is how the company intend to make their mark and contribute to the greater good.
Today, water, waste and energy can all be recovered. Transforming what is discarded by some into valuable resources for others. The company's strategy is to create green products and energy from waste through innovative technology, preserving resources for generations to come.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Management Accountant to join the North London Finance Team to assist the Senior Management Accountant and the Operations in all aspects of financial matters within area of responsibility. You will be responsible for preparation of Monthly Management Accounts, Variance Analysis, Annual Budgets and Forecasts. Also, provide financial information and advice to Senior Contract Managers and local Operations Managers for the Watford Municipal, Brent Transfer Station and East London Commercial contracts.
To be successful you will be a proactive self-starter and possess the ambition and determination to achieve goals and objectives together with the organisation and perseverance to deliver both simple and complex tasks to a high standard. Coupled with this will be the ability to be proactive using sound initiative to deliver quality driven financial solutions and taking ownership within all aspects of the role.
In return for your dedication to our vision the company is offering a salary of up to £40,000, company car, bonus, pension and other fantastic benefits! More details of the role are below:
- Report financial performance of the business in an accurate and timely manner, allowing the Management to make the right business decisions based on the reported results.
- Support the team and help them to achieve the Company's (Accountants) common goal of reporting accurate business performance and providing excellent support service to the business "on time, every time."
- Production of monthly management accounts to stipulated deadlines together with analysis and investigation of results, Variance analysis for the contracts and Balance Sheets reconciliations.
- Provide financial, business and commercial support service to internal customers - General Managers, Administration Staff and other support services in the company. The accounts produced will feed into corporate accounts for financial compliance, reporting for the business as a whole.
- Assist the external auditors during the year-end audit
To be successful in this role, you will need the following skills and experience:
- A fully qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA/ACA) essential (internal part-qualified applicants will also be considered for an Assistant Management Accountant position depending on their skills and experience).
- Experience of management accounting, this could be pre or post qualification as we are happy to accept newly qualified applicants.
- Excellent spreadsheet skills and similar competence in the use of all Microsoft software essential
- Knowledge of SAP would also be advantageous as would previous financial experience gained within a commercial or professional services environment.
- Budgeting and forecasting experience essential
- Excellent interpersonal/communication and presentation skills (PowerPoint) together with the ability to share complex and intricate information/data to a wide array of audiences
Please click the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for the role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Financial Accountant, Chartered Accountancy, Bookkeeper, Financial Planner, Finance Manager, Chartered Accountant, Financial Accountancy, Senior Accountant, ACA, ACCA, Financial Controller, Qualified Accountant, College Accountant, Finance Coordinator may also be considered for this role.