Senior Internal Control Officer
Our client is an International Trading organisation based in Central London, who are actively involved in international trade, both import & export, of a multitude of different products across the EMEA region.
As the Senior Internal Control Officer, you will support the department Manager in the review of the Internal Controls over Financial Reporting; for the group companies in the EMEA region.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conduct internal control testing in accordance with company methodology guidelines and within an agreed timescale.
- Perform design and operational testing of internal controls as per the annual audit plan.
- Review flowcharts, risks, and control matrixwhich have been prepared as part ofJSOX project forthe annual reporting process.
- Interview management and staff to identifyrelated business unit’s processes riskand controls.
- Identify control weaknesses and influence process owners to implement agreed changes in a timely and effective manner.
- Liaise with internal and external clients to resolve issues in a timely manner.
- To support internal control manager with other ad hoc duties as requested.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Must have experience of working in an accountingor auditingenvironment ideallyin a large corporate/commercial organisation.
- Excellent report writing and communication skills.
- Able to communicate fluently in English, both written and orally.
- Able to self-motivate, organise, and take responsibility for own workload to ensure that deadlines and objectives are met.
- Ability to work using their own initiative and to solve problems.
- Good team player.
- Ability and willingness to travel(up to30%).
- Degree in Accounting or Financeor part qualified accountant is preferred. Relevant experience in a similar position will be considered where there is no degree or formal accounting qualifications.
- Exposure to Internal / External Audit or similar background would be beneficial.