Business Development & Marketing Manager - Inteior homeware / Design sector
5 days left
- Part Time
A fast growing design led homeware company is seeking a new Business Development & Marketing Manger to take a central senior position within the business, we are looking to find an exceptionally talented and hard-working long-term team member, initially on a part-time 3 days per week basis.
We are an East London based business with a broad an expansive predominantly European client base. This year sees a further growth phase and we are looking for an enthusiastic and invested Business Development & Marketing Manger to become a linchpin within the business.
This opportunity will allow the successful applicant to gain hands on experience within an extremely central role within the business; taking the lead in setting the business wide territorial growth and retention strategy.
The role will sit under the Director and will be responsible for the B2C & Administration Manager and Social Media and Marketing Executive.
The role is responsible for managing all aspects of business growth and client retention, managing the individual revenue streams for both B2C and B2B clients, setting and scheduling deadlines for annual work flow concerning sales, promotions, new product launches, tradeshows and territorial growth and client retention.
The room for real growth is immeasurable as you will be working in a rapidly expanding company and given the chance to take ownership of each task from start to finish and help to shape the future direction of our company.
Please note the role requires a fastidiously organised approach to; managing a workload, time management and prioritisation and a proven track record of setting, implementing and delivering to deadline, business wide strategies
Responsibilities will differ week to week and will be determined current projects and annual businesswise schedule. On a broad sense responsibilities will include, but are not be limited to:
- Creating a deliverable structure and schedule to meet the one, three and five year growth objectives of the business
- Managing the delivery of the growth structure and ensuring that all deadlines and objectives are set, understood by junior staff and met
- Reactively and proactively develop strategy as needed
- Working closely with the Director to assess and measure targets and drive successful delivery by the company
- Managing all business development and marketing initiatives; working closely with the Director and overseeing the Administration & B2C Manager and Social Media Executive to ensure a coordinated delivery
- Managing the roll out of the annual catalogue alongside the freelance creative staff, the Social Media & Marketing Executive and Director, ensuring the schedule for delivery is coordinated with annual tradeshows and wider growth objectives
- Setting quarterly targets for client retention and sales
- Key account management, monitoring and measuring client retention
- Researching and delivering a strategy for territorial growth, monitoring pricing, landed cost and spend vs expected growth revenue
- A hands on approach to managing B2B clients
- Overseeing and managing the Administration & B2C Manager, setting KPIs and targets
- Communicate effectively, efficiently and confidently with the different branches of the team
- Ability to coordinate with other department heads, to achieve business wide objectives to deadline
- Responsible for making proactive, self managed decisions with the objective of driving and developing the business.
The below requirements are essentialto be successful in this role
- A proven track record of creating and delivering sales strategy
- An entrepreneurial outlook with the foresight to suggest, implement strategy and initiatives
- Comfortable with change, evolving requirements and a fluid working environment
- A naturally proactive approach to managing workload
- Excellent communication skills, confidence in communicating face to face, email, by telephone and in writing
- Experience of operating within tight deadlines delivering results to plan and multi tasking
- Line management experience
- A self-starter, ultimately requiring hands-off management
- Ambition to develop own career
- Interest in working in a hands on role within a small business
- The opportunity to gain essential experience in a busy fast growing business environment and embed within a central role
- The opportunity to prove our ability and experience and be directly rewarded for that
- Working within a creative hub of East London where your ideas and ability will be rewarded.