Facilities Manager - London
6 days left
- Full Time
As the Co Working sector is expanding rapidly across the UK and the world, so is the need for co-working space to support these fast growth business.
We are now ten times its original size in just three years, providing SME’s with over 60,000 sq ft of flexible office space.
We are on the hunt for an energetic and highly organised Facilities Manager, whose role is essential to building a better customer experience for our members and the smooth operation of our offices internationally.
The challenge of this role is to create harmony between our members by providing a frictionless shared office space. We provide a relaxed, well-maintained environment where the user is at the centre of the service.
We develop apps to make the management and running of our buildings as efficient as possible. This tech layer has put us at the forefront of business automation for office and facilities management.
You will be required to help develop these systems and processes. To do this, you will be a highly detailed and process-driven person who is able to manage multiple locations, service providers, landlords and our 1000+ strong community of members.
Working closely with the rest of the senior management team, the FM is responsible for the daily running of the facilities and leading facilities strategy on an international level.
The position requires an organised individual who is able to manage multiple tasks at once and who can think at a strategic level to implement significant cost savings and efficiencies across the business.
· Ensure all buildings meet health and safety requirements and that facilities comply with current legislation
- Assist the Head of Facilities to develop and suggest ways to optimise the international Facilities strategy
- Manage the strategic operational day to day planning, instruction and undertaking of all Facilities related tasks and processes including but not limited to structural and grounds maintenance, M&E, cleaning, security, fire and life safety, procurement, H&S, space management and utilities.
- Manage the front desk operations and all associated tasks including visitor management, post, deliveries, and security
- Assist in the development of PPM’s and manage all PPM related works
- Manage the mobilisation/demobilisation of new buildings including condition surveys and dilapidations
- Check to ensure that all works undertaken by contractors has been completed in full, satisfactorily and in-line with the company's QA process
- Oversee support requests and incidents raised by members through our communications platform
- Ensure facilities incidents are dealt with promptly and efficiently to ensure a positive member sentiment is maintained
- Carry out spot checks on building condition, cleanliness and ensure SLA’s are met
- Manage and liaise with building Managing Agents and maintain good relationships
- Ensure security measures are maintained in all offices
- Ensure the onboarding/offboarding procedure for all new members is followed and executed to a high standard
- Manage and maintain a streamlined supply chain across all offices to manage stock levels
- Ensure internal records for members are up-to-date
- Manage the supply chain end-to-end
- Set and manage budgets for the Facilities department
- Working closely with the Finance Dept and CFO to ensure records and budgets are maintained to a high standard
- Ensuring office expenditures are recorded accurately
- Ensuring all properties are adequately insured
- Developing good working relationships with key contractors to make sure their works are carried out to a high standard and within budget
- Developing and enforcing internal regulations for office fit-out specifications
- Line management of 3 Assistant Facilities Managers and 1 Front Desk Associate - this may change subject to company requirements
- Mentor, motivate, manage and develop the team with a focus on excellence in customer service, performance, meeting service standards, equality and diversity, value for money and efficiency to ensure that the service operates within the overall aims and objectives of us.
Skills and Knowledge
You will need to demonstrate:
- Knowledge of coworking sector
- Experience in buildings management and regs
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Knowledge of fire safety regulations
- interpersonal, relationship-building and networking skills
- procurement and negotiation skills
- the ability to multi-task and prioritise your workload
- time management skills
- experience of working with end-users
- research skills and the ability to draw information from various sources, including people
- clear and concise writing skills
- teamworking skills and the ability to lead and motivate others
- IT skills
- a practical, flexible and innovative approach to work