Accountant - Permanent - London (WC1E)
Salary - £50,000 - £60,000 pa
Stratford Reid are working with a Modern, forward thinking and fast paced business who are looking for a Management Accountant in their offices based in London.
In return the firm are offering up to £60,000 per annum with fantastic benefits. This is a great opportunity to join a company who are renowned for providing a fun and enjoyable place to work.
**IMPORTANT INFORMATION** - YOU MUST HAVE AUDIT EXPERIENCE FROM A TIME WORKING IN PRACTICE (IDEALLY TOP 4), HAVE EXPERIENCE WORKING FOR A BUSINESS OUTSIDE OF PRACTICE AND BE ABLE TO DEMONSTRATE THE VALUE YOU HAVE ADDED WHILE IN YOUR PREVIOUS ROLES. APPLICATIONS WITHOUT THIS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED.
The primary role of the Accountant UK is to lead management reporting for 2 lines of business in UK while monitoring performance against budgets.
• Owning the monthly close for 2 lines of business for UK, driving forward timely reporting to assist the business owners
• Liaising with the operations teams to ensure accurate reporting
• Developing and implementing financial controls and monitoring spend against budget
• Assisting the Finance Manager, UK, EIRE & USA and Group Financial Controller with various ad hoc projects
You’ll have a sound technical understanding from your accountancy training in an environment working with IFRS and UK working practises. You’ll have some appreciation of good business practices. You’ll have an eye for detail, a knack for problem solving and a willingness to learn. You’ll preferably have some experience in inventory management and be familiar with licensing arrangements.
Ideally you will hold recognised accounting qualification (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
The ideal candidate to join them will have the following responsibilities-
- Adaptable, driven, hardworking and proactive individual
- Collaborative and enjoy working in a team
- Ability to maintain a high level of accuracy in performing all essential duties
- Country specific accounting qualification required
- Interest in the food industry and tech start-up businesses
- Strong organisational skills & excellent attention to detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced, self-starter work environment and able to meet deadlines
- Experience with NetSuite desirable
- Experience working in a start-up environment advantageous
If you are interested in this position and believe you have the skills and experience desired, we encourage you to get in touch and apply today.