Junior Developer/IT Support
Giles Travel is an award winning travel management company based in Amersham. Our IT team is looking for a Junior Developer to join them at an exciting time as they develop and implement new systems that will drive the business forward to greater things and hopefully, even more awards!
The role would suit a newly qualified graduate or someone with a couple of years experience and involves:-
- Assisting in the development of in-house created software systems including Quality Control, Client Facing systems, Business processes and Online Web services.
- Assisting with coding and in house system process management entailing the use of Visual Studio, XML, SOAP, C#, HTML, Java Script, Mobile Technologies, SQL Server, SQL Management Studio, IIS, Entity Framework / Fluent NHibernate, ASP.NET MVC and others.
- Managng data transfer and quality management
- Analysis and quality control rule building and testing.
- Researching and evaluating third party systems that could aid the business
- Managing third partysystems once implemented
- Providing general IT support in house where required e.g. existing operational programmes, software installation, MS Office etc.
The successful candidate will need to have the following:-
- A qualification in Computer Science or Software Development
- Good grades in Science and Maths A-Levels
- Experience of computer coding, problem solving and project completion.
- Good knowledge of databases and network management.
- Good knowledge of MS Office specifically Access and Excel
- The ability to translate technical jargon for the lay person
- The ability to multi-task and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of GDS and Travel Technology (desirable)
If you think you have what it takes to make a contribution to our team, please tell us why in a covering letter and submit your CV.