My Client is an innovative construction provider for the global mining industry. With a wealth of technical know-how and experience dating back almost 150 years through its parent companies, they are one of the world's leading specialist mining contractors. They offer a comprehensive portfolio of services including underground and surface mine construction, shaft sinking, raiseboring, mine contracting, raise mining, mine development and engineering. The success of AMC UK is due entirely to the dedication and experience of their people, who deliver safe, timely and budget conscious results to their clients worldwide. They are looking to expand on their growing and diverse workforce by recruiting a QA/QC Engineer.
As well as offering a competitive salary, remuneration for this role includes flexible benefits, which provides a range of guaranteed benefits including but not limited to:
* Company car/car allowance
* 5% Company pension contribution
* Death in Servicer
* 25 days + Bank Holidays
- Reviewing of site purchase orders to ensure that the applicable requirements are met
- The control of on site and off site vendor inspectors
- The compilation of vendor inspection assignments packages
- The coordination and resolution of any nonconforming product Reviewing vendors QA/QC systems in accordance with contractual requirements
- The attendance at site and inspection procurement meetings
- Coordination of vendor quality approvals when required
- Ensure the verification of documentation and certificates for materials purchased by vendors
- Review of suppler quality plans against contract requirements
- Review procurement documents to ensure that quality requirement have been correctly translated into purchase requisitions and design documents
- Review supplier inspection procedures and personnel qualifications
- Review supplier material certificates
- Take part in supplier audit and surveillances
- Coordinate with the companies discipline engineers for the resolution of technical discrepancies
- Coordinate with management for quality improvements
- Issue of non-conformance reports
- Track all non-conformance reports
- Coordinate with the owners representative on all procurement issues
- Monitor progress of all purchase requisitions
- Safety sensitive: having the authority and responsibility to maintain a safe and efficient working environment; following Company health and safety standards.
- Duties outlined herein are intended to be the minimum duties expected of you by my client.You are expected to use your discretion to expand upon these duties to insure that your job mandate is met and that your performance is such that the general spirit and intent of the duties outlined above are completed as required.
- Follow and demonstrate my Client's guiding principles and values.
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in a construction / engineering or related field
- Six sigma green belt
- Experience of quality control
- Experience in face-to-face client contact
- Supplier management
- Certification/Project assurance & handover process
- Knowledge of and experience in using quality improvement tools, such as six sigma
If you would like to apply for this role then please email me your cv at or call me on
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.