Principal Design Manager
Interested in leading design for commercial construction in London? Looking for the chance to move into a more strategic role within the design management function of a main contractor? If you have the management skills and communication skills to run part of a business unit, my client needs you!
This client are a top tier contractor and have a large presence in the London construction market. They are currently turning over in excess of £1bn and have plans to grow this to £2bn. For this growth, they need people like you to assist in developing the design function. They are looking at bringing design to the forefront of construction so this role will require heavy pre-construction experience, this including working with design at tender stage and developing the design from there.
- Very competitive salary
- Part of one of the largest Main Contractors in UK
- Private health care
- Private pension scheme
- Car allowance
- Excellent progression opportunities
- Flexible location - within London
- Achieve program and deliver the project to company standards
- Managing a team of Coordinators to Senior level
- Lead the design process on a large mixed use scheme from bid/tender stage to project completion
- Assisting in the companies target to bring design to the forefront
- Part of the design process at early stages in the process
- Client facing role
- Attending Regional core team meetings
- Ensure realistic design programmes are in place
- Previous experience on pre-construction and commercial projects is essential
- Ability to successfully lead and influence a large team
- Understanding the RIBA plan of work
- Planning process and building regulations knowledge
- Excellent all round technical knowledge
- Excellent presentation, communication, management, negotiation skills
- Architectural, Engineering or Design Management background
- Previous experience with a Main Contractor
- Design, engineering or construction qualifications preferred
- Able to work in Central London
If this role sounds like something that interests you, or if you know a Principal Design Manager who would be well suited to this role then please do apply within or contact Ryan Wiseman in our London office for a confidential conversation.
Randstad CPE values diversity and promotes equality. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate against any of the protected characteristics that fall under the Equality Act 2010. We encourage and welcome applications from all sections of society and are more than happy to discuss reasonable adjustments and/or additional arrangements as required to support your application.
Candidates must be eligible to live and work in the UK.
For the purposes of the Conduct Regulations 2003, when advertising permanent vacancies we are acting as an Employment Agency, and when advertising temporary/contract vacancies we are acting as an Employment Business.