IT Systems Administrator
IT Support & Infrastructure - Prop Trading Firm (Financial Services) - London
We are a Foreign Exchange (FX) trading boutique established over 10 years ago. We use algorithmic trading models in the Foreign Exchange market to execute our strategies through all time zones. We have a start-up feel to our business but without the risks being a start-up comes with!
Reporting to the Head of Technology, you will provide day to day support to the traders and developers. Through well documented processes, you will monitor, investigate and resolve any potential IT issues to reduce operational risk. You will also be the main point of contact of all infrastructure matters, from IT providers to FX banks and exchanges. Finally, you will rebuild and support our office desktop solution.
Main tasks include:
- Building and maintaining a Windows Desktop Solution for the office including PC setup, domain, secure network configuration
- Assisting and Project managing our IT providers in moving Linux servers between datacenters and building optimal low latency networks
- Improving network and system monitoring using our internal real time tools
- Tracking and Managing IT issues
- Liaising with exchanges and banks support teams for new IT projects or on-going investigations
- Daily interaction with the traders and programmers
Essential skills required:
- Experience of setting up a full PC Desktop solution: Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, security.
- Experience of IT support and troubleshooting
- Good general networking skills: TCP, UDP, Multicast, LAN, switches, global networks
- Comfortable with Windows Operating systems
- Experience of administrating Linux and Networking technologies
- Basic scripting (shell, Python, Perl, etc.)
- Linux networking utilities
- Understanding of financial messaging protocols
This is an excellent opportunity to join an innovative and profitable business where technology drives us forward!
£45,000 - £65,000 + Excellent Bonuses & Benefits (free on-site gym etc.)
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.