Robert Half are exclusively recruiting for a restaurant group based in Kings Cross, London at present.
Reason for role: The current incumbent is relocating outside of London
Role: Head of FP&A
- The Head of FP&A role is a key position that will support the Group FD, CFO, CEO and investors in understanding the current and potential financial performance and position of the Group.
- You will have direct access to the subsidiary MDs & FDs and will be pivotal in helping with their success.
- This role is commercially focused and covers all aspects of FP&A including quarterly reforecasts and budget setting, weekly performance analysis, monthly board pack preparation, M&A and refinancing project work, ad hoc analysis and preparation of presentations for PE investors and senior management.
- Management and development of a team of fully qualified & part qualified finance professionals.
- Management and development of a team of 4 part qualified and fully qualified accountants
- End to end ownership for coordinating and delivering the Group's quarterly reforecasts and annual budgets: planning, instructions / guidance, target setting, template building, reviewing and challenging of brand and overhead budget submissions, balance sheet & cash flow modelling, run rate analysis, preparation of Board presentations.
- Responsibility for preparing the monthly Board pack including liaising with CFO / CEO on key messaging and carrying out additional ad hoc analysis
- Preparation of and development of the weekly flash reporting to aid the ability to challenge performance. Lead the weekly trading calls with brand Finance Directors
- Various ad hoc reporting for the CFO and investors (Apollo) including run rate analysis, scenario analysis on enterprise value for new site roll-outs / site refurbishment plans etc
- Working alongside the Commercial Finance Manager and CFO on various projects such as:
- Preparation of Exec & Investor strategy day packs covering historic financial and operational performance metrics, new site and refurbishment ROCE, brand and competitor benchmarking, operational structures and 3YP updates
- Refinancing and M&A projects - this will include updating of long term plans, ad hoc analysis, papers to support assumptions, liaising with due diligence teams and preparation of presentations
- Financial review of procurement tenders and tracking of savings
- Responsibility for month end calculation of supplier and central rebates including variance analysis
Salary: £80,000-£85,000 dependent on experience + high bonus allocation (up to 50%) & benefits Progression
Being Private equity backed, the company is very inquisitive so there are a number of opportunities that could present themselves while you are there. Traditionally candidates have progressed from a group role to one of the subsidiary companies into a director role.
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.