Credit Risk Manager
Risk Manager - Responsible for the expert evaluation and underwriting of all business channels, in line with agreed domestic and central risk policies, individual and domestic discretion. Responsible for maintaining and promoting good governance, credit processes and agreed service levels for all business origination, approvals, collateral, and management of bad debt where and when necessary.
A growing business within in the finance industry based in Richmond.
- Analyse credit data and financial statements to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit in all business channels from sales-aid leasing/flow business to mid-ticket transactions
- Interpret and evaluate internal and external credit reference agency, broker and market reports to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit. Confer, consult and undertake due diligence meetings with both internal and external credit associations and other business/customer representatives to clarify credit/collections information as and where necessary
- Generate and evaluate financial ratios, using internal credit tools, to evaluate customer's financial status and where necessary undertake bench marking to compare liquidity, profitability and credit histories of customers being evaluated with those customers within a similar or the same industry and geographic locations.
- Interpret and evaluate collateral curve analysis, in line with market, sector, and portfolio considerations to determine the degree of risk involved in extending credit
- Prepare domestic and external risk reports that include the degree of risk involved in extending credit for all mid-ticket business channel transactions with clear, concise and rational recommendations for the credit decision
- Maintain compliance with all leading industry guidelines and statutory regulations including consumer credit, anti-money laundering and data protection
- Review existing transactions periodically to include the evaluation of payment history, purchase activity, collateral curve analysis, market/broker intelligence and prepare recommendations for the renewal of internal credit ratings/facilities
- Review current and non-current customer/suppliers/third party introductory sources, in conjunction with Collections, to identify and limit the extent of delinquent accounts
- Timely completion of all risk reports within agreed service levels and the ongoing monitoring and annual review of vendor programmes under assigned portfolios/business channels
- Regular updating of internal risk systems, including risk monitoring systems, to ensure that data integrity for the counter parties within the portfolio is accurately maintained
- Ensure that all transactions presented to risk for pay-out meet the appropriate credit sanction and credit limit issued and that all documentation in respect of specific risk caveats has been provided and properly executed
- Attend business screening meetings with front office providing provisional risk comments on potential transactions. Co-ordinate the credit process of assigned transactions, communicating with the necessary front office and marketing/sales/broker as appropriate
- Provide guidance and instructions to front office for efficient and productive risk identification, analysis, assessment and presentation
- Make recommendations for the ongoing development of systems, processes and practices to provide improvements in efficiency and capacity of the risk team and the business in general
- Participate in ongoing personal development to deliver on business/personal objectives
- The ideal candidate will have ideally with time spent analysing and interpreting financial statements/data from a variety of industries and commercial backgrounds
- Possessed of excellent analytical skills tempered with a sense of commercial and business focus
- Possessed of a good knowledge of the finance industry and the various product offerings and types of funding facilities available
- Ability to competently and confidently analyse unsecured transactions.
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and efficiently both verbally and in writing to peers and senior management alike
- Good experience in credit, credit analysis and underwriting of small and mid-ticket essential with some consumer experience being of benefit
- Good experience in Risk assessment of structured lending/cash flow lending based transactions
- Good Microsoft Word and Excel skills
- Professional telephone manner and demeanour
- Strong team player
- Self-disciplined, motivated and time efficient
- Act with integrity and embrace the philosophy of treating customers fairly
- £40,000 - £42,000 per annum
- Company benefits
- 15% Bonus scheme