Project Quantity Surveyor - London
3 days left
- Full Time
PROJECT QUANTITY SURVEYOR - SITE BASED - LONDON
Remuneration Package - £50,000 to £60,000 pa depending on experience + car allowance and benefits
An expanding, privately owned, construction group with an entrepreneurial culture that puts their clients at the forefront of what they do. As their clients' operations and capabilities expand, so do theirs. Working for some of the UK's leading public and private organisations, they believe it is their relentless drive to finding better solutions that enables them to deliver the best projects safely and efficiently, while challenging the definitions of industry best practice.
They operate across a diverse range of markets throughout the UK including Student Residential, Private Residential, Retail, Education and Financial Institutions, priding themselves on their professional approach and their ability to offer clients a consistently superior service. Their management structure enables accurate lines of communication between client and operations, ensuring nothing gets lost in translation.
The company is going through an exciting period of growth, both organically and through acquisitions and this opportunity sits within their Construction division.
This opportunity is for a driven Project Quantity Surveyor that is looking for a career move to a business that can enable them to work autonomously and have a clearly defined career path with a very successful organisation. You will be degree qualified with 3-5 years experience working for a main contractor and would now like to develop your career in an SME with great future opportunities.
All projects are accommodation / residential or Mixed use Commercial based and you should have new build experience on accommodation based projects such as apartments, offices, industrial commercial etc. The projects are traditional build and range in value between £2M - £6M.
As Project Quantity Surveyor you will be site based with commercial responsibility for your project.
You will play a key role in the commercial success of projects including:
- Full Quantity Surveying skills including measurements, valuation, and agreement of work sections
- Submitting accurate detailed payment applications
- Identifying areas of overspend and waste
- Identifying and reviewing areas of commercial risk and opportunity
- Chasing payment certificates and outstanding payments
- Ensuring records are made and recorded to support any variations and claims
- Producing accurate internal reporting
- Optimise cash in and the net cash position
- Advise on commercial risks and opportunities within the project/s
- Negotiate with clients representatives and other consultants
- Advise Project Management on contractual implications of intended courses of action
You must be degree qualified in Quantity Surveying and preferably holding RICS accreditation.
This is a permanent role with excellent career potential as the business grows. Salary to £60,000pa + car allowance, including usual package.
Please note that every effort will be made to contact all applicants, however due to the high volume in candidate applications if you have not had a response to your submission within 10 days please assume that you have not been shortlisted for interview on this occasion.