Practice Accountant (Maternity Cover)
6 days left
- Full Time
We are looking to Recruit a Practice Accountant for an 18 month Maternity Contract for a well-established Accountancy Firm based in Milton Keynes.
The successful Accountant will be responsible for the following:-
- Bookkeeping, management accounts, payments, Intrastat & ECSL for a small number of clients. Some of these are offsite, but all within the Milton Keynes area
- Allocating jobs to the Accounts Apprentice and providing training on accounts preparation.
- Completion of accounts started by the Accounts Apprentice.
- Assisting and training the Accounts Apprentice.
- Preparation of accounts for Sole Trader, Partnership and Limited
- Company clients to manager review stage
- Discussing queries on accounts with clients by phone/email/meeting.
- Finalising accounts and sending to client after review.
- Preparing year end journals for clients to post, or post onto client’s system.
- Preparing accounts for Contractors to review stage and sending out to client.
- Completion of accounts started by the Accounts Apprentice
- Managing the payroll processing service. Allocating payrolls to staff, providing training, reviewing payrolls before they are sent to clients.
- Dealing with clients’ queries regarding payroll
- Submitting monthly EPS’s.
- Preparing P11Ds, allocating them to staff, and providing training to staff.
- Organising & preparing Purple P11Ds
- Dealing with HMRC communications with regards to PAYE
- Ensuring CIS returns are completed by the deadline
- Organising the processing of year end directors’ salaries, year-end RTI submissions and sending P60s to clients
- Requesting and chasing CIS refunds
- Cancelling PAYE schemes
- Daily Qtac back-up
- Setting up PAYE direct debits
- Managing the self-assessment tax return preparation process. Allocating tax returns to staff, providing training, arranging for returns to be sent to clients after review, arranging for tax returns to be submitted.
- Preparing self-assessment tax returns for Contractor and general clients
- Dealing with HMRC communications with regards to income tax
- Being a point of contact for allocated clients & dealing with general client queries
- Cover for CIS returns
- Assistance with ad hoc tasks: capital gains issues, tax enquiries etc.