Business Development Manager
7 days left
- Full Time
Business Development Manager is required by a leading international, fast growing chemical manufacturing and distribution company to generate new business revenue for products used by military, medical, and industrial market customers.
This role is to create and manage the proactive sales of their range of products across Europe, Middle East and Africa. The focus of the Business Development Manager is new business development, with the objective of establishing and growing new sales accounts and to achieve targeted growth in sales and product range to existing customers. The role will be using the distributor and OEM network and liaising directly with major re-sellers and distributors across the defined territory to build relationships in order to maximise opportunity and profile presence and to achieve targeted growth in sales and product range to key accounts.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop initiatives and programmes necessary to deliver growth.
- Negotiate contracts and manage account relationships at all levels.
- Manage account relationship directly by creating effective relationships with technical, purchasing, safety and regulatory staff at all levels in order to increase opportunities for product sales. Visit key accounts regularly and proactively.
- Meet financial performance, growth objectives and agreed key account sales targets.
- Represent the company in pursuit of safety applications and focus on building a sales pipeline of viable opportunities.
- Manage the relationship with the distributor network across designated markets. Develop distributor network and create effective relationships across all markets to increase opportunities for product sales.
- Research new product development opportunities and commercially evaluate and report upon new product and territory opportunities.
- Build relationships with the community of behalf of the Company, representing the Company at exhibitions and other external events as appropriate.
- Ensure that business is conducted with integrity at all times and that behaviour is compliant with the Company's ethics code and values.
- Deliver accurate and timely visit reports, territory performance and budget reports as required by senior management.
- Communicate consistently and effectively with Sales Management to ensure optimum deployment of resources and to enhance opportunities for new contract acquisition.
- Significant experience of Engineering or product management gained from either the chemical, industrial gas or petrochemical industry.
- Must approach the role and tasks in a structured fashion, with determination and enthusiasm.
- Must demonstrate skills in presenting technology to clients and in closing technical sales deals.
- Very strong communication skills - both oral and written Team player, Excellent customer facing skills.
- Good negotiation and influencing skills.
- Additional spoken language(s) an advantage.
- Ability to travel 50% of time to pursue opportunities and develop account relationships.
Salary Guide: £40,000 plus commission, OTE £50,000 plus benefits
Location: Harlow, Essex
Please bear in mind that you may not hear from us straight away. Due to the high level of applications we receive every day, we can only respond to applicants whose skills and qualifications are suitable for this position.
Sorry that we cannot contact all of you personally, but thanks in advance for your interest.
Base Salary Guide: £40,000 plus commission, benefits