£40,000- £44,000 per annum + Benefits
As the Transport Manager you will be responsible for the distribution and delivery of product for this 3PL operation delivering to major retailers in pre-specified time slots. You will have responsibility for all elements of the transport function including compliance, managing the driving compliment, managing budgets, strategic planning for the department and customer management. In addition to this you will have the operational knowhow and experience to be able to lead and develop the transport team.
Skills & Experience
To succeed in this role you will need a long standing career history of experience managing in transport operations, where you will have managed an entire transport operation with a transport team behind you. The successful candidate will ideally have all of the following:
- Management experience within professional transport operations.
- An up to date working knowledge of transport compliance / legislation.
- Excellent people skills for driving / transport teams
- Ability to communicate at all levels.
- Able to manage a budget and financial spend.
- Customer management and service skills.
- Hold a Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC).
- A strong understanding of operational H&S, ideally NEBOSH qualified.
Our client is a market leading 3PL business with a main client account who is a household name.
Circa £40,000 per annum + Benefits.
About Cast UK
Cast UK is a leading executive consultancy, providing national recruitment solutions to both clients and candidates. Specialising in Procurement, Supply Chain, and Logistics, each member of our specialist team has a professional background specific to their recruiting sector. With this unique insight and knowledge, our consultants are able to place individuals from trainee through to main board. For more information on Cast UK and a complete list of all of our current vacancies, please visit www.castuk.com