Quality Engineer - Insulations
Our client is a leading manufacturer of aerospace components. They are now seeking a Quality Engineer (Insulations) to join their team.
Purpose of Role:
The Quality Engineer shall develop and implement quality activities throughout the organisation. Your ability to conduct a variety of Quality Engineering Services to obtain an agreement with client and business for production readiness shall be exceptional.
You will audit the organisation to the standards the company is expected to meet by customers and approval bodies.
The Quality Engineer will drive process non-conformance reduction through process improvement activities. Quality is responsible for validating that the customer’s quality requirements have been implemented effectively and consistently throughout the organisation.
Main purpose of job
- Contribute to ensuring the company's quality, cost & delivery targets are met
- Create/maintain all documentation associated with the manufacture of components assigned to the team
- Create/Implement problem resolution and development plans to address longstanding production issues
- Support customer / 3rd party audits, e.g. AS9100, Nadcap, etc.
- Auditing both internal & external suppliers
- Coordinate and document the new processes effectively on the FAIR’s/PPAP pack. Continuously improve existing processes
- Instruct, train & support staff with quality subjects and matters
- Ensure that procedures meet and are followed in accordance with the relevant standards & specifications
- Raising and processing NCR’s maintaining ownership through to closure
- Participate in the problem resolution procedures
- Generating reports around business KPI’s relating to performance of the business management system
- Represent the company at all levels
- To co-ordinate the introduction of new projects from a quality standpoint
- To support continuous improvement projects
- To ensure that "Best Practice" techniques are evaluated & used where appropriate
- Review of specification changes and solving quality issues using established techniques such as 8D, 5 why +2 How, Fishbone diagrams, etc.
- Identifying and resolving quality and delivery issues, including part containment, risk assessment and control of non-conforming material
- Answering technical and systems enquiries
- Documentation changes as applicable to the Quality system and function
- Help resolve day to day quality problems
- Perform all reasonable requests made by management
- Liaise / supporting customers and suppliers on quality matters to resolution
- Analyse data to support improvement activities
- Degree/HNC/HND qualified
- Demonstrable aerospace experience
- Nadcap experience preferred
- Experience with insulations manufacturing processes preferred
- Experience with customer specifications for resistance & fusion welding preferred, e.g. RPS150 & RPS184
- Ability to prioritise work effectively, and to work well under pressure
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and a positive approach to all areas of work
- Problem-solving experience in aerospace special processes
- Special processes experience (e.g. heat treatment, chemical processing) preferred