Senior Mechanical Design Engineer - West London
Due to continued success in securing £150M+ Hotel, Commercial office and high rise residential towers across London, we looking for a delivery focussed; Senior Mechanical Design Engineer.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will enjoy working directly with end user clients, signature architects and major developers on projects from feasibility to handover.
Reporting to the Management team your role will involve;
- Meeting clients and establishing client briefs, technical requirements, scope of works, cost plans
- Agreeing deliverables (reports, specifications, drawings, outline designs)
- Managing, leading and delivering a range of high profile Building Services project.
- Integrating Renewable / Low Carbon Technologies into projects.
- Manage and mentor the work of Junior Engineers and technicians.
- Tracking hours spent versus fees and achieving good fee utilisation targets.
- Taking responsibility for financial & technical success of all projects under your control.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of the industry (competitor analysis, attending trade shows and networking events
- Ensure repeat business by delivering projects that meet or exceed clients expectations.
- Degree qualified in Building Services or Mechanical Engineering.
- Client facing with the ability of leading meetings.
- Broad range of experience in HVAC design including concept detail design
- Good understanding of BREEAM, BCO guidelines, Part L and the London Plan.
- Previous experience in managing staff or running a small team.
- Well established professional network with Architects, Developers and contractors.
- New build 5 Star Hotel.
- £150M Mixed Use scheme (Retail & Residential)
- Fast track CAT B fit out on behalf of an investment bank.
- New build speculative commercial office.
With a history of designing and delivering complex projects, a low staff turnover and a secured workload stretching into early 2018 this role will appeal to an ambitious Senior Mechanical Engineer who is seeking quick progression, interesting projects and a lot of autonomy.
Job Ref 1387