Central Support Officer CSO
5 days left
- Full Time
Main Purpose of the Job :
Provide efficient and effective, higher-level administrative support across a range of areas across the school.
- You will be the front facing first person to greet at reception, inc parents, staff and visitors and answering all calls.
- Operating a busy switchboard politely and efficiently, directing calls to other persons within school or elsewhere as appropriate and taking accurate messages for prompt dispatch to their intended recipient.
- Maintaining an overview of the Reception area as a whole, including the visitor's seating area, taking action as appropriate to ensure it is maintained as an attractive and welcoming environment.
- Ensuring safeguarding policies are scrupulously adhered to, particularly as regards arrangements for signing visitors in and out and for responding to the presence of intruders on site
- Provide day-to-day administrative support, as directed by the Central Support Manager or his/her Deputy
- Making and tracking diary appointments
- Maintaining filing systems and ensuring all documentation is easily accessible
- Ensuring all documentation is available as required for meetings etc - including internet search information if requested - and disseminated to school staff or other attendees, as appropriate
- Producing straight-forward ICT presentations as requested, drawing on information provided by line manager
- Receiving and welcoming visitors on behalf of line manager
- Generating and issuing standard letters, as requested
- Accurate and speedy inputting and retrieval of basic data
- Straight-forward analysis of basic data
- Undertake other routine administrative tasks as required, including production of quality media resources.
- Maintain a working knowledge of all key tasks and activities within the team, in order to facilitate internal cover arrangements, in the event of any absence.
- Undertake exam invigilation, as required - including providing individual support to special consideration students, such as checking, reading questions etc
- Carry out as required higher-level responsibilities as requested
- Assisting the Literacy and Reading Development Officer in delivering efficient and effective management of all matters related to the day-to-day running of the LRC.
- Taking wider responsibility for mounting displays around the school.
- Assisting the Finance Manager with delivering efficient day-to-day operation of the school's accounting systems - disbursement, petty cash, school fund, lettings, sales etc - including banking and monthly reconciliation.
- Assisting the Interventions Manager with delivering efficient and effective preventative strategies to secure good attendance by students.
- Assisting the Exams Manager with delivering efficient and effective higher-level administration of the school's exams and testing programme
- Contribute as necessary to student supervision duties, including at the following times :
Before and after school, break & Lunch times.
- Participate as appropriate in the school's agreed Performance Management Programme.
- Demonstrate a commitment to own continuing professional development, through participation in appropriate training.
- Maintain awareness of and comply with all relevant school policies particularly any matters relating to Confidentiality, Safeguarding, Health & Safety or Equal Opportunities.
- Consistently role model the behaviour and conduct expected of students and where appropriate other members of staff.
- Undertake any additional duties or responsibilities, commensurate with the scope and grade of the post, as reasonably directed by the Principal or other immediate line manager(s).
In order to perform in this role it is imperative you have excellent and thorough Microsoft skills. You are able to write and respond to emails, letters and communicate clearly at all levels.
This is a term time only role. Therefore all holidays have to be taken in school holidays. It is a 35 hours week.
If you feel you are extremely professional can communicate well and have a high level of confidentiality, please apply ASAP. The role is an immediate start based in Canary Wharf.
Office Angels is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy. The Adecco Group UK & Ireland is an Equal Opportunities Employer.