Maintenance Operative - Mobile
A career you can truly believe in.
We believe that everyone has a personal best. Those we care for and those who care for them. As a Cambian Maintenance Operative, you’ll find that you'’re part of a close, supportive team, all focused on doing amazing work. You’ll be trusted, valued, encouraged and developed to become the best you can be. And get huge satisfaction from helping the people we care for achieve their personal best too.
You will be based at a residential home for young adults with Autism in Hedge End, Southampton. This role will also consist of supporting other residential homes within the region as and when required, so flexibility is essential.
In this role you will:
- Liaise with Registered Manager regarding maintenance work to be carried out
- Report any faulty appliances, damaged furniture / equipment and any other potential hazard to Manager, who will advise accordingly
- Under the direction of the Registered manager re-paint any areas of walls or woodwork which requires it. (It must be ensured that said paints or varnishes are used only in accordance with the manufacturers' instructions. The area in which work is being done must also be kept well ventilated and safe for all Clients, Visitors and Staff)
- Undertake general plumbing duties as required, and where this is not possible source a qualified person to carry out work
We're looking for people who have:
- Experience of working in a general Maintenance role including general electrical / plumbing / construction
- General maintenance knowledge preferably in electrical / plumbing and construction industry
- Knowledge of current Health & Safety regulations
- Painting and decorating skills
- General joinery/carpentry skills
In return you can expect:
- Competitive pay
- Employee Discount Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Regular coaching and support
Ready to achieve your personal best? Please click on the 'apply now’ link below.