Service Charge Accountant - Real Estate - North London
Service Charge Accountant - Real Estate - North London - OUR CLIENT is a growing Property Management company with a London-based portfolio of residential blocks. The company are expanding and looking to create a specific accounts function within their department. They are hence looking to take on a Service Charge Accountant who is dynamic, enthusiastic and competent in order to establish the accounts function and grow organically with the business.
Duties for the role include (but are not limited to):
- Preparing year end service charge accounts including preparation of extended trial balance, accruals, prepayments and journals, ready to be sent to accountants.
- Performing balance sheet reconciliations.
- Creating and issuing the budget template and inputting onto the property management system.
- Raising and issuing service charge and ground rent demands in accordance with the leases.
- Allocating all tenant payments.
- Dealing with arrears of service charge and ground rent appropriately.
- Setting up new sites, leases, units and service charge information onto the property management system.
- Setting up of financial information on the property software including apportionments, schedules and cost heads.
- Handling the ground rents and client payments.
- Ensuring purchase invoices are processed and paid correctly in a timely manner.
- Liaising with other agents in respect of handovers.
- Dealing with queries raised by colleagues, clients and tenants efficiently.
- Assisting with company secretarial matters where required.
THE CANDIDATE: the ideal candidate MUST come from a property background and have 3 to 5 years' experience in service charge accounting. The candidate must be client-facing, professional and enthusiastic as the successful Service Charge Accountant will act as a contact for credit control purposes to clients and tenants. A knowledge of Property Management systems such as QUBE or Propman will be advantageous to an application. This is an exciting opportunity to join a small, fast growing, family run company with a potential to progress to manage the accounts department in the future as the company grows.
www.tridentint.com Please visit our website (www.tridentint.com) to view all our vacancies. Follow us on Twitter at (Tridentint) or connect with us on LinkedIn at (company/trident-international-associates?trk=hb_tab_compy_id_2252220) or like us on Facebook (pages/Trident-International-Associates/)
Please note that due to volume we cannot get back to everyone, however every application is looked at and considered and will be held on Trident International's database for review. If you have not heard back from us within 5 working days you should assume your initial application has been unsuccessful, however if suitable roles arise in the future we will make every effort to contact you.