Estimator/Bid Manager Team Leader
This is an exciting opportunity for a Bid Manager /Estimator to manage a commercial quotations team to support our clients' customers by delivering accurate, timely and competitive design and quotation services. You will be given excellent training and career opportunities in this successful and growing company.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- To manage the team and distribute the workload :
- System design, gain a thorough understanding of the projects requirements and design lighting control solutions which will comply with the specification
- Managing the delivery of Estimation from drawings and specification
- Calculation of commissioning and liaison with Field service group
- Work closely with the service team in India to deliver key quotation components
- Work closely with the sale steam to ensure the quotes have a strong conversation rate
- Line management, performance coaching, reviews and day to day management
- Management reporting
Basic salary: Negotiable from circa £40k + plus benefits. You will be based in the SE London area.
Your key skills and experience
The ideal candidate will have experience of providing quotations and estimations within a similar industry and should ideally have a Degree in Electrical Engineering or Electronics. You will have a working knowledge of CAD and have a methodical approach to work with a great attention to detail.
You should be fluent in English and an additional European language would be an advantage. You will be able to multi task and manage your own time whilst meeting deadlines in a fast-paced environment. Experience of working with a team and customers in different countries and of different cultures.
You will be a good team player who is able to lead and motivate others and who is driven by a desire to provide outstanding customer service at all times and to instill this into others.
You will be offered excellent training and career opportunities.
Our client is a US based market leader in the lighting control and energy market. Financially sound, they have a reputation for training and developing staff and continually innovating to ensure they remain at the forefront of the market.
AV Jobs are the No.1 specialists in providing a first class recruitment service in the Audio Visual and complementary products marketplace for professional sales and marketing people, engineers and programmers throughout the UK and Europe.