Senior Supplier Relationship Manager
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Supplier Relationship Manager based in Eastleigh. You'll be professional, committed and commercial, with the relevant experience to manage and maximise business relationships with a number of our most important suppliers.
Working at Aviva means becoming part of company with a global reputation and an exciting vision that puts the customer at the heart of all we do. Within UK Health, our ambition is to fundamentally transform the way health insurance is delivered, ensuring our customers have access to the best possible care. To support our transformation, we are seeking key individuals that share our ambition and want to play a major role in helping us shape how we work with our suppliers, and hospitals.
Our Procurement and Outsourcing function procures and manages third party suppliers on behalf of the UK Health business, ensuring that Aviva is protected against commercial, operational and regulatory risk whilst driving significant value for Aviva and our customers.
The immediate priority of the role is to support the implementation and operational effectiveness of a strengthened supplier oversight framework, aligned to the Aviva Group standards. You'll need to develop good relationships across the business, using your gravitas and confidence to influence stakeholders and gain support through your expertise and knowledge. Experience of supporting and coaching business peers through similar change projects will be an advantage.
Alongside this, you will play a key role in the development of our value based commissioning strategy, supporting a shift from traditional fee for service contracts. This is a key part of our growth strategy and high on our priority list. You will need to work closely with internal stakeholders (procurement, clinical, commercial and network development) to develop the strategy and then translate these requirements into a deliverable plan, sourcing appropriate suppliers/providers from the market to support delivery of the services.
As a Senior Supplier Relationship Manager you will:
- Lead, manage, review and improve ongoing relationships with our critical and important suppliers, including the delivery of improvements to processes, practices and commercial agreements;
- Lead, and manage supplier selection process including tendering activity;
- Support the businesses understanding relating to the private healthcare supply market to enable optimal SRM strategy for UK Health aligned to our ambition of value based commissioning;
- Own the "governance" relating to our critical an important suppliers, including regular service review meetings, contractual adherence, escalations and ensuring that suppliers fulfil regulatory compliance (where applicable);
- Support Supplier Relationship Managers to remedy poor supplier performance, mitigate risks, resolve operational and service incidents;
- Update and inform business stakeholders and executive owners with supplier scorecards, dashboards and management information reports; and
- Support the business in understanding and delivering on their responsibilities under the new supplier oversight framework.
To succeed in this role, your skills and experience will include:
- Experience of working in a financial services procurement function with experience of supplier relationship management (important and strategic supply);
- Detailed knowledge of supplier relationship management processes and frameworks including commercial performance management of contracts and knowledge of Supplier risk management techniques, tools and governance requirements;
- Able to drive the delivery of supplier results within agreed frameworks and parameters;
- Experience of E2E Procurement processes;
- Experience of working with a wide range of internal and external stakeholders with the ability to build relationships and influence outcomes;
- Experience of managing key outsourced relationships, commercial or change projects;
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Able to interpret data to create planned improvements on the system;
- Previous experience of working within healthcare (private or NHS);
- Educated to 'A' Level standard; and
- Hold or working towards a professional recognised industry qualification e.g. CIPS.
We prefer all applications to be submitted online, however if you require an alternative method of applying please contact Dawn Rudrum in the Resourcing team on