Teacher of RE - including NQTs
7 days left
- Full Time
Job Title: Teacher of RE
MPS and UPS (£23,547 to £34,249) NQT's considered
Are you a skilled teacher of RE and passionate about your subject? Our students need you.
I am working with a fantastic school in Surrey to bring an additional member of staff to a well-established and supportive RE teaching team. You would be required to deliver RE to KS3 and KS4 and the ability to offer KS5 would be an additional benefit but not essential. NQTs are very welcome to apply.
The staff are hugely committed and value the achievements of all. The school is based in Surrey and boasts great facilities with local train stations a short walk away, the school is served well by local buses and there is ample parking on site.
You will have:
- QTS with relevant experience in a secondary school setting
- Good subject knowledge
- An ability to plan and deliver consistently good and outstanding lessons
- Excellent classroom practice
Tasks to include:
- Teach RE within the age range 11 - 18.
- Assist in the development of programmes of study, materials and schemes of work and participate in professional development programmes
- Follow school policies and procedures in respect of the duties of a classroom teacher and form tutor.
- Perform the duties of a Form Tutor as required
- Contribute to the cultural and community life of the school
- Form effective relationships with students, teaching staff, non-teaching staff, parents and other professionals.
- Teach NC and other programmes of study effectively, mindful of the needs and responses of the young and the school's Special Needs policy
- Provide a stimulating classroom environment and foster good working and learning habits in students
- Regularly assess and record students' work, progress and attainment
- To teach part or all of the compulsory RS programme of study in the Sixth Form
During a recent visit to the school I spent time in lessons and came away with a strong sense of a school that is focused on delivering fantastic outcomes for the students they serve. Having also met several staff at the school and both the executive head and head teacher, I am impressed with the vision and ethos of the school and wider trust to prepare their students for adult life and believe working at this school is a rewarding experience.
The school has a strong ethos of student welfare therefore any successful applicant will undergo a full enhanced criminal record check (DBS). For more information please contact Owen Glanz at Capita Education Resourcing on or email your CV.