Strategic Planning Associate
2 days left
- Full Time
An exciting new opportunity has become available within a reputable bank for an Operational Strategic Planning Associate.
The role of the team is to collate, analyse and report the organisation's performance against its strategic, operational and supervisory and service standards. The team will also be responsible for the production and delivery of the annual business plans and annual report.
This is a key role at the intersection of strategy setting, business planning and performance reporting. The successful candidate will be responsible for understanding big pictures and cross cutting themes and issues and influencing positive change within the bank. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to build and maintain effective relationships with a range of internal stakeholders including senior managers. In addition previous experience in setting strategy and direction over short to medium term and reporting progress against this is desirable.
Duties to include:
- Work with directorates to develop strategic objectives and the plans and measures aligned to these organisational objectives
- Lead of preparing contributions across the organisation to create the annual Business Plan and Annual Report
- Work with Directorates to ensure that activities have suitable measures that will demonstrate their objectives and plans have delivered their intended outcomes and where suitable be published in the annual report
- Ensure effective mechanisms are in place to monitor performances measures
- Facilitate Divisional Performance Reviews by working closely with divisions to review their annual, quarterly and monthly performance, where applicable.
- Previous experience in setting strategy and direction over short to medium term and reporting progress against
- Stakeholder management - ability to develop relationships across the business by gaining stakeholder trust and displaying an understanding of the issues that matter most to others.
- Judgement - ability to analyse and challenge business and relevant operating plans to encourage appropriate measurability, reporting, and links to the Bank's strategies.
- Good knowledge and understanding of the PRA regulatory organisation and structure, and the PRA supervisory approach and its application across different firms types.
- Good understanding of how banks and insurance companies operate, the different businesses they are involved in and the associated risks (together with the supervisory issues that these present to supervisors).
- Good understanding of the economic climate and external risks that impact on banks and insurance companies' business models.
This is a 6 month ftc contract paying a pro rata salary of up to £50,000 depending of experience and may have the opportunity to be extended for the right candidate.