Editorial Head - News Broadcaster
4 days left
- Full Time
We are an established and expanding UK based international Arabic language channel serving the Arabic speaking countries and Diaspora globally. We now plan to expand the scope and commercial value of our operations and are seeking to add a new team member to our existing team of professionals.
We are seeking to recruit an experienced individual who can provide added editorial control and leadership for our organisation in the fields of news and current affairs for the Middle East and North Africa.
The individual must have proven broadcasting journalistic skills and experience, and the ability to contribute across a broad range of coverage that our organisation provides.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Setting priorities and giving guidance to news journalists
- Selecting the most relevant and newsworthy material for broadcasting
- Listening to story ideas from journalists and commissioning work
- Editing and finally approving reports from correspondents and reporters
- Editing stories and interviews for the most relevant sound bites for transmission
- Managing quality control in output by journalists
- Being accountable to senior management for the quality of content broadcast
- Arranging with outside counterparties to arrange for the various satellite feed content and live on-scene coverage.
Skills, Qualification and Experience
- Comprehensive background in all facets of broadcasting, operations and journalism
- Experienced leadership in journalist and broadcasting news rooms
- Self-motivation, adept at building productive relationships and strategic vision to maintain and improve the quality of journalism
- Strong communication, organisation and interpersonal skills, with ability to work under pressure and to deadlines among multiple entities with conflicting interests with a focus on quality and high standards
- Intimate current knowledge of culture and political environment in Middle East and north Africa
- Excellent command of English and Arabic required
- Extensive travel required in the Middle East and North Africa
Salary: £32,000 p.a. 40 Hours Per week Central London
Closing date for applications: 3rd March 2017