IT Infrastructure Engineer
Part of the Divisional EEE IT Operations team, the IT Infrastructure Engineer will provide day-to-day operational support predominately on the server and network infrastructure. Participation in IT projects will also be required involving solution design and selection.
What you will be doing
- Acceptance and resolution of 2nd/? 3rd line support calls
- Completion of controlled upgrades /? fixes to the Infrastructure
- Review and make recommendations for improvements to current infrastructure and solutions.
- Installing, supporting and maintaining new server etwork hardware and software infrastructure.
- Managing email, anti-spam and virus protection;
- Setting up user accounts, permissions and passwords.
- Monitoring network usage.
- Ensuring the most cost-effective and efficient use of servers.
- Suggesting and providing IT solutions to business and management problems.
- Ensuring that all IT solutions comply with TUI Group and industry standards.
- Analysing and resolving faults, ranging from a major system crash to a forgotten password.
- Undertake routine preventative measures and implementing, maintaining and monitoring network security, particularly if the network connects to the internet.
- Provide training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and competence.
- Working closely with other departments/organisations and collaborating with other IT staff.
- Planning and implementing future IT developments and undertaking project work;
- Managing the company web servers and monitoring performance.
- Tracking resolution of all open incidents both internally and with third parties (when required) to ensure that SLA’s are met and escalating to the Head of IT where appropriate
- Support the IT Services Coordinator in providing the Divisional IT Support Service.
- Initiation of escalation procedures when incidents are not resolved within the required Service Level.
- Out of hours work may be required
What we are looking for
- Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Windows servers /? infrastructures up to 2012.
- Microsoft Exchange 2010 & Office 365.
- VM Ware & Hyper-V,
- Citrix & Remote Desktop Services
- MS SQL 2005 to latest (desirable)
- Juniper, Cisco & Watchguard Firewalls
- Cisco (routers & switches)
- HP & Cisco Network Switching
- Backup Software (Backup Exec Acronis)
- IP Telephony
Working within TUI group
Expeditions, Education and Events portfolio comprises of brands dedicated to:
- Worldwide school and university markets, including educational tours, residential activity courses, school and university ski trips, sports tours, expeditions and developmental travel.
- Sporting event management and fan travel.
- Adventure tours and expeditions.
Travelopia is the home for brands that create extraordinary travel experiences. We are at the forefront of global travel for those wanting something distinctive. Each of our customers demand a different experience. We give them this through real understanding and expertise. It’s at the heart of all we do at Travelopia.
Specialist travel is all we do. Passions such as yachting, trekking, cycling, learning, sports, boating, skiing, culture and luxury travel.
We live in a wonderful world that is full of beauty, charm and adventure. There is no end to the adventures we can have if only we seek them out with our eyes open. It’s time to inspire!
Join us and in return you'll be rewarded with
- Competitive salary
- Reward scheme - online discounts on products & services
- Childcare vouchers & cycle to work scheme
- Contributory Pension scheme
- Career progression opportunities
Please note that for all benefits, details were accurate as at the date of publication. Any changes will be notified to you upon your start with the Company.