Location: Dorking, Surrey
Salary: Salary: £15,500 p/a with potential increase to £16,500 p/a after 3 months
Lloyd Recruitment Services are seeking a Trainee Underwriter to join a well-established insurance company in Dorking. The client requires the ideal candidate to be able to operate within agreed underwriting authority and to take personal ownership of handling quotations, proposals etc.
- Acquire motor underwriting knowledge.
- Consider quotation requests, proposals and/or amendments to existing policies and calculate premiums by reference in line with risk pricing.
- Responsible for own case work and trained to make effective decisions within own authority level.
- Work to operational deadlines.
- Respond to and take ownership of customer enquiries and allocated mail.
- Make a positive input into the team’s effectiveness, suggesting ways in which work systems and processes can be altered and improved.
- Work flexibly within the team in a manner that demonstrates brand values, assisting colleagues wherever pressure is greatest to enhance overall team performance.
- A good standard of education required including minimum 5 GCSE passes (grades A-C) including Maths and English.
- Basic technical/product knowledge
- Ability to understand and use established systems and processes
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to prioritise own work and manage workloads
- Attention to detail and ability to accurately record information.
- Some office experience and use of telephone in a professional context desirable
- Training and support for continued professional development will be provided
- Planning and organising
- Delivering excellent customer services
Due to the high level of applications received by Lloyd Recruitment Services Ltd, we are unfortunately only able to contact shortlisted applicants.