4 days left
- Part Time
An exciting opportunity to join DBD’s Commercial team in a new role as a Commercial Executive. DBD is a family business that has grown into the UK’s leading Appliance Installation Distributor. We remain an intimate business, proud of our people, service, relationships and success. It’s a challenge, but we do so by remaining true to our values.
Your role as a Commercial Executive is to ensure that DBD enter contracts knowing their contractual and commercial obligations & risks associated. This includes reviewing contracts & other documents along with recommending amendments. Includes responsibility for the processing and negotiating of claims & contra-charges and responding accordingly.
Key Accountabilities / Responsibilities:
• Develop and maintain expertise in Construction Contractual Law to advise and support colleagues in achieving balanced negotiation of major Contracts & Trading Agreements associated with the supply and installation of kitchen appliances and furniture.
• Review Customer contractual terms and then make recommendations where required to reduce the Company's obligations to an acceptable level for the Company.
• Prepare and implement appropriate documents on behalf of the Company which confirms the service and resulting terms of trade offered and agreed on.
• Create & gives internal training sessions relevant to the audience to improve their understanding of Construction Contractual Law, the Company’s position on terms & how to effectively negotiate on them.
• Processing of Customer Claims & Contra-Charges to a successful conclusion, which includes gathering relevant information from different departments across DBD.
Skills & Attributes:
• A keen eye for detail, able to meticulously review documentation to assess implications.
• An excellent communicator in both written & oral form - able to simplify complexity and draw out the key decisions and actions.
• Demonstrate good negotiation skills both internally within DBD and externally with clients.
• Strong commercial numeracy skills to review & interrogate financial data.
• Gets a buzz from managing multiple work streams to meet tight deadlines.
• Highly organised with excellent time management skills.
• IT literate, experienced in using Microsoft Office - an advanced MS Excel user.
• Confident presenter so as to give interactive training sessions which benefit the audience.
You consistently demonstrate our company values:
• Helpful - Pro-actively does everything possible to deliver exception service for our customers. Loves problem solving to identify resolutions in order to help others.
• Ethical - Reflects a straightforward and honest approach in all your interactions. Does not cover up mistakes/errors, but openly works with team to reduce and overcome them.
• Customer focused -Every customer feels like they are given "special" treatment and is kept informed. Willing to do everything possible to deliver excellent service to them.
• Innovative - constantly seeking ways to improve. Reviews current processes & systems & looks to implement improvements to the benefit of yourself, colleagues & our customer.
Job Title: Commercial Executive
Salary: From £23,000 to £27,000 Pro Rata
Location: Hemel Hempstead
Hours: Part-time / 27.5 hours
5 days a week 9am - 3.30pm (negotiable)
Contract Type: Permanent
Please apply online with your CV and covering letter.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application for this Commercial Executive role has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.